Discuss Crazy electricity camera on telly in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Watching something mad on telly with Hammond off Top Gear in - these fellas have clipped an HV cable to their helicopter - filmed with a special camera you can see the corona effect of the electricity on the chopper's blades/tail etc, it's amazing!

Then the guy SITS ON THE HV CABLE crazy! I know physics keeps him safe but still, dunno if I'd be happy to sit on a cable and work on it. Can see the electricity all round him it's mad! Whoa!

They did a whole programme series a while ago on toughest / dangerous jobs

On one they had American linesmen working off helicopters swapping out line separators and insulators while charged up to the line voltage.
Thought the really risky bit was pressure washing insulators with the power on that seemed really mad to me

Yeh watching it now, scary stuff,:eek:
one slip ~ Your dead
twitchy pilots finger ~ your dead
too much corona creating carbonisation along the insulators ~ your dead
drop a tool ~ oh well tea break:D

Imagine the puckering on your first day!

Not sure if its the same one but:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzga6qAaBA]YouTube - High Voltage Cable Inspection[/ame]

Gotta love the closing statement :D

And another:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfnYuANLh5k&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Crazy electricity camera on telly in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock