Discuss Dr Who has just delivered my pump! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Just took a brand new cesspit pump out of its box and seen a warning label affixed to it specifying it must comply to 18th edition IEE regs...... Im now stuck in a catch 22 situe... as the 18th does not exist I cannot comply with the manufacturers instructions meaning I would contrevene the 17th by installing it to the 17th ....

What do I do ....the turd level is getting higher as we speak!

20141023_125305.jpg

Well I suppose they do say sh.. happens!
The irony here is the installation guide says 15th edition ...

Ah I see the problem you're all confusing the terminology,the 18th rgulations refers to the mass argument we have AFTER the 18th edition of the REGULATIONS comes out,since the argument is always virtually the same I would say in my experienced point of view on the matter that providing you remember the 17 rgulations you will be fine.Just remember to match the rcd current rating to the mcb current rating.lol

Whenever i feel a bit down,i find a Chinese translation of an instruction or safety leaflet,supplied with a new item,and read it to the lad,using Katos' accent,in "The Pink Panther". The irony of this,is,one of my customers,who is Chinese,thinks this is funnier than i do...:conehead:

Reply to Dr Who has just delivered my pump! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock