Discuss EICR and subsequent remedial work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I wouldn’t mind if they actually did anything for the money they get paid but they don’t. It’s a TAX on the trade for no reason at all. Unlike gas safe who activly prosecute people not registered and with a actual proper assessment to go through to be registered.

If your a member of a scam and something goes wrong you can bet they won’t be anywhere to be seen in support of you.

Well if we parallel ourselves, me in a scam, you failing to comply with the building regs, doesn't matter which is the more competent electrician, you're the one breaking the law & liable to prosecution. Its the way it is.

Personally if the customer is having a new kitchen and there's only one RFC in the property I'll always explain the benefits of a dedicated power circuit to serve the kitchen as that's where the majority of the loading is typically. But equally if their budget doesn't accommodate this I'll alter the existing circuit accordingly as long as it's still safe and compliant.

28A41604-464A-4EE3-99EA-B96E793D7EB8.jpeg
FDD8E552-6BF7-4330-BBDE-B3C76805AE2B.jpeg
5877DE12-19E8-4F97-B663-94B4DA560CF1.jpeg
F5B458FC-0686-41F7-B2C0-220B8F246A79.jpeg
1F3C6DE5-65B7-4BE2-9D7A-54B55CA90651.jpeg
3E9D60CE-EF3F-42FE-A97E-B379B3B41DD6.jpeg
So today i went back to the property to carry out the EICR here are a few pics. Seems like the previous tennant was a bit of an expert DIY’er

96228911-5953-4374-8136-A88F8B270371.jpeg

Some of the pictures may be difficult to make out, all but one upstairs light which were class 1 fittings did not have a cpc. A 2 core flex had been taken to each from, a block of connectors where there was actually a cpc present! In another of the pics the cpc is actually used as a strapper difficult to make out and i didnt notice it at first. I just thought the cpc had been cut out of the cable until i realised theyve slid a bit of red sleeving over it.

rn - rn reading was also high and i had an open circuit r2 - r2. This is the only ring final circuit in the house and from which i was proposing to install additional sockets as part of the kitchen refurb. However, and as quite rightly mentioned by others i suggested the installation of a new ring final circuit. Which having seen the state of the wiring the customer is happy to go ahead with.

Reply to EICR and subsequent remedial work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net