Discuss Furious - 15 weeks and counting for warranties from Segen in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

:90: Warning - DO NOT buy Fronius extended warranties from Segen.

I've had 5 mins this afternoon to chase AGAIN warranties due from SEGEN cos I've got nothing better to do.

I have paid for 13, requested 3 in July, 2 in August and 5 in mid September after which I stopped requesting the warranties until the mess was sorted out and I've still to receive any warranty at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the plus side - they've decided to invoice me for ANOTHER 3 warranties and have left them on my account as unpaid invoices.

Can anyone send me the CEO or MD's phone number/email address - this is ridiculous.

Parts of their organisation are overwhelmed I think. I have been waiting for them to collect a faulty item since August and the last time I mentioned it a week ago on the phone, I was told that they were miles behind in returns but getting some new people in soon..........

They often seem to ignore my emails. Their invoicing and pro-formas are a joke. Their technical seem to loose interest in technical issues after the first call. I'm still waiting for technical to answer a email from July!

Time to make a stand I think. They soon email me when im over my credit limit by £200 with a immediate payment request.

Come on SEGEN someone from there must be on the forum. Get ya act together.

I have a Fronius warrant that went in in Mid Sept and was told 6 to 8 weeks. I'm counting!

The other wholesalers are turning them round in a week to 10 days. It's just not good enough! I'm sick of being passed from pillar to post. Whoever you ring - it's not their problem. I think I'll try that with my customers!

Still fuming - hours later.

Can anyone recommend a decent wholesaler with a good range of products or am I just asking the impossible...

I've had enough of Segen as well, we have been waiting for a refund on a non delivered item since April. Numerous emails, phone calls and still no refund. I have been negotiating prices with our friendly local independent electrical wholesaler recently and will be moving the majority of my business to them as the price difference is almost negligible, especially when taking into account the improved level of service offered.

As soon as a distributor offers the service and stock that I require, I'll drop the rest like a stone.

The service that I get is shocking. It's a miracle if anyone bothers to return one of my calls.

I had an email from Segen today asking why we have not completed the warranty form. I forwarded them the email and warranty form that was sent to them on the 15th of Sepetember the day we recieved the inverter and could state the serial number. i even spoke to them on the phone to ensure the complaints people were making were understood and action taken. They assured me it was all sorted.

I now buy my fronius inverters from CCL components.

Got our warranty through today. 4 weeks total so I can't complaint there.

Call from Segen today about a order and me needing to make a payment before they will deliver it and it turns out its for an order I do not need until November! The order I need next Thursday I have paid for they know little about.

I have moved our rail sales away from Segen due to the cost of delivery but like some here I'm now shopping around for all of it. Segen have had it to good for to long I think and if the don't sit up and listen then it shows what they think of us.

I to have had to Chase Segen for two warranties, however they have come through today. I assumed they bulk purchase from SMA and the likes (£££). I also order my mounting from regional Electrical wholesaler, however their knowledge on what they have is very limited, and I can not rely on things being right so have to hold a reasonable stock.

Matt

We had yet more shocking treatment from our suppliers today. Panels should have been on a pre-10 delivery. They came at 2pm.

Jesus Christ! How hard can it be?

That's worrying I'm trying that for the first time next week! Is that really down to the supplier or the courier?

Supplier one 3 weeks ago - yes we've got plenty of 190's and of course you can have them in 3 weeks time as long as you order them now. :stooge_curly:

Supplier 2, 2 weeks ago- no we haven't any plutos and won't have any until December, oh and by the way the 245's you wanted - they won't be here til Dec either.:nonod:

Supplier 2 Monday - we've got some spare plutos do you want them, we'll deliver on Friday - yes ok that's great.
:dizzy2:

Supplier 1 due to deliver on Tuesday at 1pm, 190's ordered 3 weeks ago. 1pm no order, ring to check - didn't anyone tell you - it was cancelled, there wasn't any stock. Good job we nabbed those Plutos .... :uhoh2:

Supplier 1 Wed - miraculously the 190's have appeared do you want them - well yes of course I want them - I'll have them for Friday I've got another delivery coming the same day.

Supplier 1 Thursday - we tried to deliver this morning but you weren't in - that's because you were supposed to deliver on Friday :6:

Supplier 2 Thursday - we've stopped delivery for Friday you haven't paid for the pluto's - I've got 10k credit it was agreed in August - we haven't got a record of that - but you've given me credit for goods before - not on our records - ok I'll pay for them just send the bloody panels - delivery due on Monday now, despatch closed for the day.

The next supplier that lets me down is gonna get it :83:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's worrying I'm trying that for the first time next week! Is that really down to the supplier or the courier?

In this instance it is hard to tell. The delivery driver had the panels on his wagon all day long apparently. He told us that it was never intended for a pre-10.

Usually it is the courier to be fair. Delivery drivers? Best evidence yet that minimum wage is a bad idea.

The delivery couriers office staff usually make the mistakes as they have software that they enter locations into and it picks the best route and best order as well as quickest timing.

I too am having a terrible time with Segen I have been waiting on 7 warranties from June this year. Constant calls and emails to different people only to discover that they had not even been ordered even though I had been chasing them up for the last bl**dy 4 months. It makes me wonder did anyone actually ever check up on this every time I was calling.
Ridiculous service, no one ever returns your calls emails and when your client manager goes off sick her tel just goes to answer machine and you can never get anyone else on the phone.
I am also on the lookout for a new supplier with decent stock.

I Binned Segen after the first delivery, Poor technical, poor ordering system, poor customer service, no one ever answers the phone and the invoicing is a joke.
I now use a company quite local to me who so far have been excellent on technical, stock & delivery. There price is negotiable and I've got them to match or beat Segen in all cases.
I will not name them here as I'm not giving away recomendations but I will give give contact details if anyone wants to DM me.

Segen/Fronius Update

I spent an hour on the phone last Friday sorting the mess out after I'd spent an afternoon making sure my records were right and that I had proof of payment. 16 warranties outstanding - allegedly sorted with promises that once i've had the paperwork, due any day it won't happen again. I'm not holding my breath.

Actually - apart from the warranty issues, we've had a pretty good service and very good prices from Segen and I love the portal for odering and checking stock - I'll be using them if we ever get any work again!

Reply to Furious - 15 weeks and counting for warranties from Segen in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock