Discuss Greenworks 40v Long Reach Hedge Trimmer (Stopped Working) in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dc8871

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a G40PSH (Greenworks 40v Long Reach Cordless Hedge Trimmer) which I have taken apart before to sharpen the blades. Only this time I put it back to together and there is no responce when the trigger is pulled. Tried 2 batteries, and it works fine with its chainsaw head.

It was 6 screws to remove the plastic case, inside all there is is:

• a little (what I guess is called) an electric motor about 3 inches long, grey cylinder with 2 wires, 1 black, 1 red, coming out of it and running up into the handle.
  • a little gear box type thing attached to the business end of the electric motor, with a small gear (from the motor) and a larger gear intertwinned (to large gear is attached to the blades)

I always take care not to jostle the wires too much in particular, and when putting it back together place all the spaces and washers and screws where they went.

I have opened this maybe 5 times to clean it out.

Would a multimetre help to test the motor?
Does turning the cogs the 'wrong' way break an electric motor. Thats the only thing I can think slightly perhaps.
What would I check with the multimetre to see if the motor is broken?

Thank you very much for any insights.

Would a multimetre help to test the motor?
Using a multimeter to measure the resistance of the motor, on the two pins that connect in the handle, would be a good first step to discovering if the wiring has been disturbed. You should see a few tens of ohms across the contacts where the trimmer head connects to the pole.
I have one of those G40PSH sets, unfortunately not with me at the moment!
I don't think there are any safety switches or complications in the trimmer head, so it should be a straightforward matter of checking continuity with a meter to find what's wrong.

Using a multimeter to measure the resistance of the motor, on the two pins that connect in the handle, would be a good first step to discovering if the wiring has been disturbed. You should see a few tens of ohms across the contacts where the trimmer head connects to the pole.
I have one of those G40PSH sets, unfortunately not with me at the moment!
I don't think there are any safety switches or complications in the trimmer head, so it should be a straightforward matter of checking continuity with a meter to find what's wrong.
Thank you I will try that and report back

Reply to Greenworks 40v Long Reach Hedge Trimmer (Stopped Working) in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock