Discuss Hello Everyone, Anyone good at solving Electricity Thefts? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Simple.
Disconnect the suspect cable, buy a neon lamp transformer, connect the HV side of transformer the the cable in question, power up and see what happens next
I was going to say put the cable across two of the phases, whatever was tapped into it wont be for much longer.
Also should have switched the other isolators off and seen what stays on or even took the meter readings of the other flats.

I was going to say put the cable across two of the phases, whatever was tapped into it wont be for much longer.
Also should have switched the other isolators off and seen what stays on or even took the meter readings of the other flats.

I don't think he can get access to the other flats to read the meters.

I don't think he can get access to the other flats to read the meters.
The video from 7.40 onwards shows a couple of MEM? sw fuse isolators and a couple of meters, everything is probably grouped together at the intake and the flats fed from there in 16 or 10 t&e (I wonder how the bondings done)

The video from 7.40 onwards shows a couple of MEM? sw fuse isolators and a couple of meters, everything is probably grouped together at the intake and the flats fed from there in 16 or 10 t&e (I wonder how the bondings done)

I must watch the video at some point!

If I thought there might be a fault on a cable that I owned that was using electricity when everything that is supplied was isolated.
I might be tempted to try a series of insulation tests at 1kv or even 5kv just to be sure 😉
Interesting suggestion. Are you local to Bourenmouth?

Reply to Hello Everyone, Anyone good at solving Electricity Thefts? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock