Discuss Hi from a new member of the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've just joined the forum and wanted to briefly introduce myself. I'm currently doing my Level 2 City & Guilds on a full time course. Really enjoying learning new skills and the challenge of the theory. Going over maths and science that I haven’t studied for more years than I care to remember has been interesting and giving the brain cells a good work out. Hopefully I'll pass then be moving into my Level 3. Fingers crossed and all that.

I have a varied background career wise. Up until last year I worked as a Paramedic for the NHS but decided, for a number of reasons, that it was time to move on. As for what I do on completion of my Level 3, not sure. Ideally I'll get a job that will give me exposure to different environments to gain practical experience and help me decide what I want to focus on long term.

Anyway, that’s it from me.

Steve

welcome to the loony bin. some members are sane (myself excluded). might be an idea to apply for incarceration in the trainee forum. daft questions are dealt with sympathetically in there, without you getting slagged off.

welcome to the loony bin. some members are sane (myself excluded). might be an idea to apply for incarceration in the trainee forum. daft questions are dealt with sympathetically in there, without you getting slagged off.
Thanks Telectrix. Application for the student sections winging it's way over the inter web as of a minute ago

Welcome Steve, enjoy the banter, and get yourself access to the trainee area the Mods will help I'm sure. Good luck. And in the mean time ask away.

Last edited:
Welcome Steve - there is great learning with previous threads going back 2008 so in your spare time get searching and reading. Bottom of each page is a ‘similar threads’ that you can click and it’ll take you through the looking glass for as long as your interest takes you. Enjoy, there is a lot to learn but it’s a little addictive.

Last edited:
Welcome Steve - there is great learning with previous threads going back 2008 so in your spare time get searching and reading. Bottom of each page is a ‘similar threads’ that you can click and it’ll take you through the looking glass for as long as your interest takes you. Enjoy, there is a lot to learn but it’s a little addictive.
too serious.....plenty of threads that have funny posts and cracking videos, e.g.

What I've learned in my short time here...
1. Don't ask stupid questions - You'll get ridiculed
2. Don't ask serious questions - You'll get a ridiculed
3. Don't ask a question where you answer it yourself in the question - You'll get ridiculed
4. Don't answer a question with a stupid answer - You'll get ridiculed.
5. Don't answer a question with a serious answer - You'll get ridiculed.
6. Don't complain about getting ridiculed - You'll get ridiculed.
7. Read ALL the answers - There are some good ones in there... among the ridicules.

Good luck. ;)

That’s an awesome staging for the audience. I can imagine that the architect for that did his/her sums a few times.
He should have been singing “thunderdome”
Photo won’t upload so picture Tina Turner in her Chainmail revealing clothing thingy with a small crossbow in her hand looking menacing yet sexy!
Whatever you do don’t imagine her dancing!
too serious.....plenty of threads that have funny posts and cracking videos, e.g.

Reply to Hi from a new member of the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net