Discuss Premature Collapse Compliance in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

DomB78

-
Reaction score
Morning All,

I am currently involved in a project for 2 under pavement vaults both have been stripped out to allow for full tanking (wall and ceilings). The damp company have said the client cannot penetrate the surface once the works are complete otherwise the guarantee is void.

We need to install Batten LED fittings, Smoke Alarms, All associated cabling (Currently in 20mm steel and FP plugged and screwed - Hence the damp issues). I am sitting here pondering this, the only way to affix anything to the wall is to glue battens, saddles or galv 50x50 to the wall using SikaDur epoxy or similar.

At this moment I am struggling to picture how I can do this and comply with 521.10.202. Am I missing something or overcomplicating it ?

Anyone had similar issues ??

Thanks

Have the company doing the tanking got any suggestions, they must have seen the same situation many times or been asked to approve fixing adhesives?

Is the vault having racking that you could fix to ?

Like you say wooden batters fixed with adesive, squirt silicone into screws holes, plastic back boxes as these be sealed apart from what ya break....

I'd be more worried about your fixings than their damp/wall ----ers.

What is the vault being used for? Regs aside, consider the reason for fire rated fixings. Is it likely that a fire fighter, or anyone else, would be trapped by falling cabling if the vault caught alight? If its a large room then fair enough, but if its a small bin store under a pavement then I wouldn't be too concerned.

Agree get details of company involved on how to get around this, fixing with adhesive not gonna last forever.
Could the tanking cover the fixings for the accessories, like a second coat on the fixings, then screw your fittings to this “tanked“ battening

Reply to Premature Collapse Compliance in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock