Discuss Serving suggestions and other daft notices in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all!
It's sad, I know...but do any of you think the "serving suggestions" are just plain stupid?

Or the adverts on petrol pumps that offer you a mobile phone charger for £3.99, with a glossy pic...and the small print says that the iPhone isn't included...

Or advertising signs that simply don't make sense...or are just plain funny...

I'll kick off with this this one...bet none of you ever thought of serving tomato ketchup like this:
WP_20180825_14_42_10_Pro[1].jpg

Crikey! Let's reconstitute the sauce, make it back into tomatoes...and put 3 of them in a group...

All the label on the bottle is "suggesting" is that there "may" be 3 tomatoes in the bottle... Or "tomate's" which i'm sure are like tomatoes in some way.

This is going to be a great thread if it picks up

The whole idea behind a "serving suggestion" is to make sure you don't expect to get what's in the picture...apart from the ingredients...so here we have a cup of tea, and some shrubbery...perfect!

I know what green tea is, Midwest...the stupidity is in not recognising that it should never be served in a glass cup..doh!
BTW, "stupid Pirate" is a contradiction in terms, if you know your history, unlike "stupid footballer" which is clearly tautology

...so here we have a cup of tea, and some shrubbery...perfect!
...Perfect shrubbery , so insecticides were liberally applied ...!!
( A representation of the tea -before processing however you like it)
-(don't ask = 3 options ..1 a bit like soy sauce)-
Carrying on from perfect vegetation .. Not a bug ever wanted a nibble
( no need to put Glyphoshates on ingredients list ).. as healthy as DDT.

... Don't analyse your food to closely , or will find allowable rat hair count in spices , or latest sewage leak at local chippy ..
--TOO much info--!! I'll use my nose on a need to know basis.
What does Blue Roquefort go with ? Probably mildew.

I very seldom travel by train, but believe it is quite normal to have sockets available for charging your phone/laptop.
WP_20180927_18_23_19_Pro[1].jpg

Clearly, if they are not working, it must be due to a fault. Why have they screwed steel plates over all of the sockets? The notice looks pretty permanent...is this commonplace?

Any musicians out there who can hum this hit tune from the menu cover at Amadeus Cafe?
Not sure it was one of his best...
WP_20180214_20_05_45_Pro[1].jpg

Amadeus my arse. that's the theme tune from Bullseye.

soory.it's not bulseye. it's millionaire. and that's my final ansewr.

Reply to Serving suggestions and other daft notices in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock