Discuss Site Fashionistas in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

millwall ken

Hi Folks, Has anyone else noticed - those of you who work on commercial installs mainly, that there is a sense of the fashion 'bitch' sneaking onto site these days?
I'm talking about the fellas with dewalt boots, black combat trousers, and various other odds and sods attached to them. Now don't get me wrong I love my fashion as much as the next man - My missus can attest to the fact that I have more pairs of trainers than she has shoes and also twice the wardrobe space.
However, isn't there a time and place for such things? Ie at the footy or out on the lash?
I had to listen for half an hour today on the tube while one of the blokes moaned that his £150 Y3 jumper stank after he left it in his locker all day in the drying room.
This is the same numpty, who spent 10 minutes admiring my 6876 jacket on the last firm outing to the pub, then always slates me for looking like a 'tramp' at work. What a Rodney er? I thought we was at work to work, not strut our stuff...

I work in Cat boots (got them given) Jobman combat work trousers, loads of pockets. I've personally never been tempted to go out on the town in them though. although now you mention it its probably a good idea with all the crap i carry like smokes, fone, keys and so on, the boots would be handy for dealing with the chavs i come a cross.

Can't say I moan/slate about what other people wear at work, but i wear dewalt boots and all the snickers gear. Not because of how it looks but because of practicality and comfort. Also I know when I buy snickers its going to last.

i hate snickers, can't stand the bits of nuts in my teeth

lol Dewalt boots here theyr comfy and i got a new tool bag thrown in Dickies redhawlk trousers light weight hard wearing and priced that if i do rep them I wonnt be greeting (Id get a doing from the mrs if i paid £50++ for snickers anyways) Arco trojan poloshirt (BOGOF ) and a new stanly fatmax tool vest (handy as anything when your up scaffold with a few tools to carry ) had an old trojan one but they dont do them anymore Am I a fashioniesta??

well i have the dewalt boots that i wore all last winter when i was not working in the snow and they only got wet once. i also have the snickers, neither for fashion just both because they last and the comfort factor.my t shirts i wear for crawling round in and jumpers if it`s nippy look like a vagrants but are clean on every morning

i still wear the uniform from my old comany that i left over a year ago.why pay for something if you dont have too? i have recently bough a pair of dickies trousers though, for the extra pouches. Brill. I only bought them cos i wore out the issued ones! as for all these blokes that spend longer woorying about getting dirty, than they spend actually getting the job done: why? i you wanted to look good then get a job as a model. i you wana do a bit of graft, then be a sparks, but you might get dirty!

A lot of the "Fashion" on commercial,retail is down to firms and their company image but this is getting less commonplace as agency work is on the rise

I think it's a bit creepy to be honest. You see some severe posing on site sometimes.... everyone wants to look professional but if you're afraid to get your new clothes dirty or are worried about getting dry skin then get a job in a call centre. To be honest if I'm not stinking dirty at the end of a job I feel like a disappointment!

I wear actual combats in various different colours of camoflage which tends to disguise the amount of crap they get covered in, and I wear T shirts with my company name/number on the back. Some unkown brand of steelies (suprisingly comfortable) and if it's cold a golden virginia jumper (I don't even smoke anymore) completes the look. It all has permanent stains but you can tell that it's on clean and ironed every day, I think that's all we should be worried about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear helly Hansen trousers caus there comfy all be it expensive, but they last, I wear helly t shirts for the same reason and cat boots caus I have big feet and after 15 years as a chef they need a farrier not a chiropodist so I buy cats so they are comfy. And the helly over coat caus helly make thebest water proofs

Long and short is I will come home filthy I don't care what state I get in, it's all got stains and adhisive stuck to it. But as long as I'm warm, dry and comfy then the expense is worth it

I wore my snickers to Reading this year great festival wear. As for site, company polos and sweatshirts all in navey blue. Really I should get with the groove and get them all redone on checked shirts;)

Love my Snickers gear but not precious about it. As soon as it's on site it's work gear there for a reason; to keep me clean dry comfortable and if that means it gets dirty wet then so be it. the most comfortable Hi vis jacket/ trousers I've ever tried and with pockets in all the right places!

trouble with my snickers is i leave the screws in when they go to wash :( then guess who gets the job of sorting the washer after an ear bashing

Hi Folks, Has anyone else noticed - those of you who work on commercial installs mainly, that there is a sense of the fashion 'bitch' sneaking onto site these days?
I'm talking about the fellas with dewalt boots, black combat trousers, and various other odds and sods attached to them. Now don't get me wrong I love my fashion as much as the next man - My missus can attest to the fact that I have more pairs of trainers than she has shoes and also twice the wardrobe space.
However, isn't there a time and place for such things? Ie at the footy or out on the lash?
I had to listen for half an hour today on the tube while one of the blokes moaned that his £150 Y3 jumper stank after he left it in his locker all day in the drying room.
This is the same numpty, who spent 10 minutes admiring my 6876 jacket on the last firm outing to the pub, then always slates me for looking like a 'tramp' at work. What a Rodney er? I thought we was at work to work, not strut our stuff...

6876? Capandula?

Reply to Site Fashionistas in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net