Discuss Switchgear Brand Identification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm working on a 'what brand is this mcb, what works with it, who sold it, this brand is made by...." type thing and could use hive mind input

At the minute it's just images of mcbs with brands on but anything I can get about each one will really help, looking to make a single resource for brand identity and compatability.

I suspect our dearly departed Lucian would have been excellent with this type stuff. Any help appreciated

Doc can be found here (too big to upload); Chargement de Google Docs - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a9AKBj8l8l7vgIrpa8e4ekIHiTwwpV7E/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=118212366020648206333&rtpof=true&sd=true

Last edited:
Looks to be off to a good start.

This could be a task for the "All singing all dancing, going to wipe out millions of jobs and take over the World , Artificial Intelligence"

All you need is to type in "A.I,, compile a database of pictures and cross reference chart of all MCB and RCBO used in the U.K in the last 50 years"

Put the kettle on and have a cup of tea / coffee and by the time you've done that, the task will be complete.
Yeah, right,, better stock up with PLENTY of coffee and teabags.

And if I was compiling this list I'd be putting a couple of obvious fakes in so that when someone does try to use A.I. and it finds this and copies it you can track it.
White text on a white background is always a good way to hide stuff, left click and run the cursor over to reveal.
↓↓↓↓

Just like this.

Amazing how many different brands there are when you see them all together like that.

Oh and 'Happy Friday!'

Nice one! That is a good list, I agree with Tim on needing a sheet just for Wylex, why oh why have they changed so many times and made them incompatible!
Hager and Proteus have hardly changed and most of both their respective ranges are backward compatible!

Any help the community can be PLEASE DO, some brands may be wholesaler specific; Denmans doing Steeple i think is such an example - handy when the old brand goes but the wholesaler does not. All the nuance crap too like Electrium being behind several brands etc, all this stuff is useful and likely stuff the more....seasoned....sparks will know. Give me everything you got!

Nice one! That is a good list, I agree with Tim on needing a sheet just for Wylex, why oh why have they changed so many times and made them incompatible!
Hager and Proteus have hardly changed and most of both their respective ranges are backward compatible!
You thinking more model specifics? NSB NSX etc? i take it the difference is the busbar type? forked vs......?

Well done, very informative and like others some I've never heard of!
Thats quite a task just for MCB's alone but notice you've included some RCD's,RCBO's, MCCB's and Fuse Carriers (Ferraz Shumut) as well, so bringing that lot up to date will be keep you busy!

The LVE and Lewden (CGD) look so similar they must be the same just re-branded??
1689401744359.png

The Lovato and IMO items are contactors not MCB's and perhaps deserve another catalogue?

nice work and as others have said some I have never heard of . Willrose electrical sell old mcb etc and have drop down lists of all the makes and models. This may help you create your list 👍 I notice Tenby is not on your list 😀

I'm on Version 4 at the mo, I've uploaded to Google docs and made publicly editable, if anyone can help contribute, or knows which brands are compatible/owned by the same parent company then please throw it up or on the thread.

I'm on Version 4 at the mo, I've uploaded to Google docs and made publicly editable, if anyone can help contribute, or knows which brands are compatible/owned by the same parent company then please throw it up or on the thread.
MEM and bill are the same. Schneider make square D kq and Merlin gerin. Although the same mcb Square d are plug on and Merlin are not. You used to be able to remove the plug on part of the square d mcb so you could fit it in a merlin board but they glue them in now . I think a lot of the no makes use the same casing.

Reply to Switchgear Brand Identification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock