Discuss The after effects of contact with 11KV in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Someone I was at school with got badly burned - his face looks a lot like that guy's. Never got the whole story, I don't see him that often and don't like to ask. But from what I can tell, was at a papermill near here, power off, bus chamber opened up and tested for dead - then as he started to work a genny fired up ... But that was told to me by a friend and bits of it don't sound right - I wouldn't have expected 11kV to be anywhere other than in the feed/transformer feeding the site (it's not that big) and 415V wouldn't cause the burns he had. Apparently doctors didn't expect him to survive due to the extend of damage to internal organs.
Friends say he permanently changed in personality as well - he's definitely "a character".

I presume it was suicide. Very, very sad :(
I wondered that.

Bing search of 'electricity pylon deaths uk' brought up more results than I imagined. Some kid had climbed one to take a selfie

Maybe they should show the video at schools.

a couple of my ventures into some ROC posts have been uploaded many years ago. Even my sheep picture came from a visit to a ROC post.

I
There is an old ROC post at the end of our drive, not in good condition and very few original features left. But I have been to some with permission that are still in their original condition!
If you're ever in my part of the world, I own one in perfect condition.

Im guessing it's the Horns Cross one judging by the user name 'Lectrician'?

Next one along - Torrington.
Bought from the MOD for the exorbitant price of Ā£1.00.

Looks very nice. And dry! Is the paperwork still there?

Should be a good investment that, they normally sell for around Ā£25k these days, depending on location. Although I'm sure you know that already.

Notes from the last exercise simulation on still on the desk!
I have a couple of holiday cottages with a pamphlet in each about the post, so usually do a couple of guided tours per season.
Haven't been near the place since the covid nonsense started though, and the compound is overgrown with brambles, so I'll have to fire up the brush cutter sometime soon, before someone asks to visit. (Or Putin steps up the threats)

Notes from the last exercise simulation on still on the desk!
I have a couple of holiday cottages with a pamphlet in each about the post, so usually do a couple of guided tours per season.
Haven't been near the place since the covid nonsense started though, and the compound is overgrown with brambles, so I'll have to fire up the brush cutter sometime soon, before someone asks to visit. (Or Putin steps up the threats)

Great stuff. If ever I'm down there I'll have to pop in!

Reply to The after effects of contact with 11KV in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock