Discuss What estate car should I buy? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've got a friend that swears by these, his last one had 410,000 on when retired (due to being to tatty!) also 250,000 of these were long distance towing as this was his business, he said he could put up with the fuel consumption (circa 24mpg with old e-type on tow) thanks to the money and hassle he saved on repairs (or lack of them!)

Very comfortable cars.

I used to drive from Geordieland to Southend & back in a day & from Geordieland to Wiltshire & back in a day feeling as though I'd just been sitting in a comfy armchair all day ..... no stress or tiredness at all. :)

Very comfortable cars.

I used to drive from Geordieland to Southend & back in a day & from Geordieland to Wiltshire & back in a day feeling as though I'd just been sitting in a comfy armchair all day ..... no stress or tiredness at all. :)
ar
Yank says to Geordie " Man I can get into my car and drive all day and still be in the same state" Geordie says " Aye a had a car like that once too"

ar
Yank says to Geordie " Man I can get into my car and drive all day and still be in the same state" Geordie says " Aye a had a car like that once too"

Yank driving his Cadillac pulls into Geordie's filling station & says: "Put 20 gallons in".

Geordie does as he's told, then Yank spots one of his tyres is a looking a bit soft so says to Geordie: "Can I have some air?"

So Geordie puts another 5 gallons in ....... :)

(Trev will explain)

Yank driving his Cadillac pulls into Geordie's filling station & says: "Put 20 gallons in".

Geordie does as he's told, then Yank spots one of his tyres is a looking a bit soft so says to Geordie: "Can I have some air?"

So Geordie puts another 5 gallons in ....... :)

(Trev will explain)

Same Yank pulls into another up country old fashioned filling station with the old manual pumps an says to Geordie "Fill her up man" and closes the window and leaves the engine running to keep the air conditioning going, After twenty minutes of hand pumping and Geordies Knackered he taps on the window and says to the Yank " Turn her off man an gis a chance".

No ones' mentioned a mondeo estate.

Peugeot - yeah great but awful to work on. Again, volvos r great until it breaks, you will need the GDP of a small country to fix it. Ford & vauxall safe bets as cheapish to fix

Thanks to everyone for great input on this one!

Does anyone know if you pay more insurance on astra van than bog standard astra estate? I am thinking of getting astra van with seats in the back for the little one and fold-able down if needs be for work. Just looks a bit more professional than turning up to a job in a car!

Jaguar Xtype estate....very nice motor though you might have to start installing PV and do plumbing to afford one..... (dons his tin hat and hits the bunkers)

these are a great motor, cheap on fuel, low road tax, and best of all.... nobody in their right mind will nick it.

800px-Reliant_Robin_Estate_England.jpg

Reply to What estate car should I buy? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net