Discuss Which of the 2330 C&G Level 2 tests are hard? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mr Curnow

I have a multi choice test coming up on the 16th, it's slightly worrying because my teacher said that most of us will fail from judging our progress. I'm not sure if he is just saying that as he want's us to do some revision or he is being serious :(. I have revised all the nearly the whole booklet that our class were given. I know -

Ohm's law (R=V/I)
Power (P=VI)
Energy (J=WT)
Electrical quanity (Q=IT)
Transformers (Np/Ns= Vp/Vs = Is/Ip)
Resistivity (R= ρl/A)
RMS Value = 0.707 of peak
Average Value = 0.637 of peak
Average to RMS = 1.11
Flemings Left hand rule for motors
Magnetic flux = Weber
Magnetic flux density = Tesla = Weber/Area

lol the 201 is only health & Safety mate I wouldn't sweat on it too much it's actually a very easy exam if I remember correctly the hardest one for me was the 202 cause I was having a lot of days off from college. I think 201 has a little bit of basic Ohms law (V=IxR I=V/R R=V/I).

its all hard if you dont know, some dudes in our class failed them but they didnt really care untill came upto exams, now they have quit, have a passion for it cause it will feed ya the rest of your days (steak)

to anyone that is taking this course,

I have managed to pass all of the units with distinctions, put the work in, do the revision, do plenty of reading through the course litrature and most of all dont be afraid to ask about anything you are not sure of!!

with what you know as indicated above i really would not worry at all. go in nice and chilled out. as soon as the exam starts write doown the formulas you might forget on a piece of paper while your heads still in one piece :D then start on the exam 30 mins later you will be coming out thinking well that was easy :) good luck with it and don`t forget to post when you pass it

I have checked my book, on the 16th February I have 201 & 202 online and on the 7th June I have the 203 & 205 online.

Can you tell me what the exam is and how hard it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
good tip from phil, thats what i did, and it worked for me (on all exams).

the 2330 is not the hardest course in the world. from what i remember its mutiple choice, so even if you guess youve got a 25% chance of passing.

good tip from phil, thats what i did, and it worked for me (on all exams).

the 2330 is not the hardest course in the world. from what i remember its mutiple choice, so even if you guess youve got a 25% chance of passing.

Are you saying that I don't know enough or the test was hard for you when you done it?

By the way I can do about 30mins - 1hour a night on most days of the week, I think that's enough.

reading some of the stuff in the guidance notes and the regs helps get more of an understanding i think, you do need to put the effort in to have half a chance on the exams. got distinctions on the 201 and 205, been studying pretty hard for the course. got the 202 & 203 left so i downloaded the course handbook from the C&G website and it tells you all the listings of everything you need to understand for all of the outcomes of the exams. I've been basing my revising on this so that im studying the relevent info for the topics covered in the exams.

got my 202 tomoz. just been battering the formulas, got told that they only take up a little amount of exam. let use know how i get on tomoz

Ormie

Are you saying that I don't know enough or the test was hard for you when you done it?

By the way I can do about 30mins - 1hour a night on most days of the week, I think that's enough.

im in no position to comment about your knowledge and dedication mate. what i meant was that the 2330 shouldnt be beyond anybody of average intelligence, and if anybody does find it hard going then make up for that with more study, and most important of all, dont be afraid to ask for help.

Good luck mate

John

principles of electrotechnology 202

4 topics

01describe the application of the units used in electrotechnology
02 describe basic scientific concepts related to electrotechnology
02describe basic electrical circuitry and applications
04identify tools,plant,equipment and materials used for electrotechnical applications

think was 30 questions between these topics

got a distinction on 202 on tuesday. three formula questiona. they werent really hard formula questions tho. just study n use wil b sound

ye 30 questions mate.

7 on 1, 10 on 2, 7 on 3 and 6 on 4

i did my level 2 last year heres how i found the tests
201= a piece of cake could of done it without college just common sense
202= bit harder but still quit easy
203= failed this first time maybe because i was anticipating it to be as easy as 201,203
204= easy
205= as hard as 203
206= practical was pretty easy as long as you know what Ur doing.

i did my level 2 last year heres how i found the tests
201= a piece of cake could of done it without college just common sense
202= bit harder but still quit easy
203= failed this first time maybe because i was anticipating it to be as easy as 201,202
204= easy
205= as hard as 203
206= practical was pretty easy as long as you know what Ur doing.

Just sat my 202 today, luckily managed to get a credit. Only covered the 202 material for one day, after having the last two months off college. Have done my 201 and 204 already, Distinction in the 201 and a credit in the 204 found the 201 easy, but the 204 was a bit difficult i thought.

The 202 was the hardest for me so far.

I have just recently passed the 203 with a distinction and I actually found it easier than the 202 where I only scored a credit. The 203 is 30 questions, half on health & safety and half on things like earthing, transformer calcs and other formulas and a bit of 3 Phase current/voltage.

The 205 as I understand it, is once again health & safety and buildings and structures, things like metal or pvc conduit, spacing distances, bend radius, types of saddles and general fixings. Our tutor says it is a doddle.

Can anyone tell me anything about the 204? It sounds a bit odd. To do with a flourescent luminaire and an inductor/capacitor. I don’t have much of a clue about this one.

201 is easy. 202 was hard as that involves alot of formula, 203 is very hard as it's AC theory and 3 phase. With the 3 phase, you need a formula of something like Vp=Vl/square root of 3 and Ip = Il (thats for a star) Delta, put current in the 1st one and voltage in the second. I am doing my level 2 in a year. Last year I did my part p. Got my 204 tomorrow and my 205 and 206 in the next 6 weeks I should think.

203 is very hard as it's AC theory and 3 phase. With the 3 phase, you need a formula of something like Vp=Vl/square root of 3 and Ip = Il (thats for a star) Delta, put current in the 1st one and voltage in the second

this is the bit i failed the 203 AC theory not really touched much on the subject while i have been at collage and didnt know it was in the exam all my tutor said was you will be taking some readings for that bit!!
The formula makes no sense, i have my re-sits next week and dont even know what to revise!

Reply to Which of the 2330 C&G Level 2 tests are hard? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net