Discuss wow 2 items I need like NOW!!! Studbox & Spacer Connect in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Groucho Mace

Woe just saw two items that will make my life easier for sure, I want them and to top it all they are made here in Blighty... The Studbox looks like a good time saver and will cut down on a journey back to site inbetween the plasterboard being fitted and being plastered.

I like the look of the Spacer Connect to link metal KO boxes and make sure they are same height...goodbye to grommets

both in this months Professional Electrician check 'em out ...i'm gonna

I have emailed company about spacer connect and not currently available in main stream wholesalers.... nearest to me in chichester is denmans in southampton. Hope they become available soon as look good....

That studbox looks rubbish. I can't see how it's any better than putting metal boxes on timber noggings. If you only need a single box it's such a huge waste of plastic.

Woe just saw two items that will make my life easier for sure, I want them and to top it all they are made here in Blighty... The Studbox looks like a good time saver and will cut down on a journey back to site inbetween the plasterboard being fitted and being plastered.

I like the look of the Spacer Connect to link metal KO boxes and make sure they are same height...goodbye to grommets

both in this months Professional Electrician check 'em out ...i'm gonna

you annoyed your plaster mate?

they punch a hole for us on all boxed then we cut out after plaster

The idea of box connectors is that they fix the boxes at the right spacing for standard accessories to but up to each other without a gap. Metal ones have been around for donkey's years, but have fallen out of favour as so many decorative finish accessories are larger than the standard size these spacers are made for.

And as for those flimsy plastic stud wall box things are just daft. Either fix a nogging in place or get the choppies to and fit your box to that. I don't see how they can comply really when the flush box should be flush with the front of the finished wall, not the back of the plasterboard!

other way round ! on some sites if not most they bring them through after making hole with a hammer and all the plasterboard is damaged and probably at wrong height too :59:

I have emailed company about spacer connect and not currently available in main stream wholesalers.... nearest to me in chichester is denmans in southampton. Hope they become available soon as look good....

Hi Sparkee, the spacer connect are available in all Denman branches, CEF Independants who sre with AIEW and ANEW.
They come in two sizes, the 15mm to keep ockets flush nd te 35mm to give a 20mm ecorators gap or for flat plate or decorative.

The idea of box connectors is that they fix the boxes at the right spacing for standard accessories to but up to each other without a gap. Metal ones have been around for donkey's years, but have fallen out of favour as so many decorative finish accessories are larger than the standard size these spacers are made for.

And as for those flimsy plastic stud wall box things are just daft. Either fix a nogging in place or get the choppies to and fit your box to that. I don't see how they can comply really when the flush box should be flush with the front of the finished wall, not the back of the plasterboard!

been using Studbox on all my timber frame jobs. It's brilliant
! Saves me 4/5 hours putting noggins in. Plasterer loves it as we'll as it marks his board for him. Easy to 2nd fix.

That studbox looks rubbish. I can't see how it's any better than putting metal boxes on timber noggings. If you only need a single box it's such a huge waste of plastic.

The plastic is recycled waste material. This then saves good timber being used for noggins.i emailed the website and they sent me a sample. Don't use anything else now.

in other words it will only work on refurbs?

plaster board sheets are 1200 wide so if it only works on 450mm (old boards of 900 im guessing) they wouldnt get a lot of use
All the new builds I do use 400 centres, which use 1200 mm boards. You use 450mm centres for loft conversions and jobs like that where you can not carry a 1200mm board up a staircase, that's where they use 900mm boards.
Wouldnt buy a house built with 600mm centre walls , dodgy

Reply to wow 2 items I need like NOW!!! Studbox & Spacer Connect in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock