Discuss You think youre getting somewhere..... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Festerfly

.. and then this happens!

ae378081.jpg

after all the effort getting it to this

3332a14f.jpg

A very kind lady pulled out in front of me without looking and panicked, hitting the accelerator in the process shunting me sideways and onto the central island too. Had the two eldest kids in the van at the time.. Thankfully no one hurt, but my pride has been dented after waiting at the roadside for nearly two hours whilst the recovery truck made its way to pick the van up.. still, great advertising position!!!! every cloud eh? :p

Today i was told its a Cat D write off so now have the hassle of finding a new van and negotiating the best price i can with the insurers... any suggestions van wise?? was considering a change! lol

Category D A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.Im sure a Vauxhall garage would charge the earth, You mite be surprised how cheaply you could get your van back on the road if you go to a back street garage.

Thanks for showing us, really sorry to see what's happened after all the effort you'd gone to. As you are a business you could try and use the threat of loss of earnings to make the insurers make a quick decision and quick payment. Do not forget to get quotes/estimates for having all the work you did to the van, professionally reworked for you - add that into settlement, plus sign writing, plus anything else - after all it's not coming out of your insurance or no-claims. You should be able to buy the van back from the insurers at a heavily reduced price, although I'd always question how straight and safely the van will drive in future - a heavy smash might have upset the geometry or at worse fractured other parts which can't be seen as wrong at the moment and may fail later on - for example if it's a front wheel drive vehicle that ripped off wheel might have trashed the gear box... Need to get some professional opinions of the true extend of the damage rather than a quick look over. I take it she hit the front side that you can see in the photo?

Or alternatively fight for a higher pay off by producing quotes for vans on the market that already have custom racking, roof racks... The insurers will prefer to pay for that rather than loss of earnings...

Last edited by a moderator:
Category D A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.Im sure a Vauxhall garage would charge the earth, You mite be surprised how cheaply you could get your van back on the road if you go to a back street garage.

Just what I was thinking

Yeah. Just waiting for the payout offer and how much they value the salvage of the old van etc. Have a courtesy van for now. Problem lies when they send out the settlement figure they will take the courtesy van back. Which leaves
Me short vehicle wise until I either get the vivaro fixed or replaced. Already had people showing an interest in the salvage as it's only done 48k with fsh!

Well if its any consolation. about 4 years ago was driving home in Balham, London when a car pulled out in front of me. whack! straight into it, when i've looked up 2 youngsters jumped out and ran off. I jumped out and chased them into a near by council estate nearly got stabbed in the process. when I went back to the van witness's had already called police and ambulance as it was a very bad smash. ambulance arrived in 5 min. i'm in the back of the ambulance getting checked out and 6 yobs start taking stuff out the car. me and the female paramedic confront them and try and stop them and get abuse. police finally turn up 30 min later, tell me that car is uninsured, no registered keeper etc. so can do f*** all. They call a recovery truck for the car but wont for me. I call the AA, who say wont help me as its an accident not a breakdown. So after police leave i'm sitting in the van on my own surrounded by yobs trying to phone around to get towed home (at one point was going to drive home with 3 wheels!!!!!)
And the best bit of all (I know i've now learnt), Was only third party insurance- So £2500 van worth F*** ALL.
I love England.

Reply to You think youre getting somewhere..... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock