Discuss 2-way switch... my head hurts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scratching my head about a solution from an aesthetics standpoint.

In the hallway I've got a switched fused spur. That feeds an external security light and the switch for porch lights. Rather than having two separate switches has any manufacturer made a 2 gang switch where one is for the fused spur and the other for a light?

Would just ideally like to not have two 1x gang switches stacked on top of each other if it can be avoided

If I'm understanding correctly, you want a single width plate with a fuseholder and two switches on it, to provide the FCU function and control two different lamps. I seem to remember there was a thread on this recently, which I think suggested a grid switch.

Scolmore do 3 module grid switch, single width, which you could equip with the necessary Modules.

Otherwise this is the closest I have seen, though I'm not clear if the 'linked' reference means electrically, or if the switches are mechanically interlinked somehow. Each switch is double pole, and they presumably share common connections.
Also having 'fan' on a lightswitch doesn't help the aesthetics ?

If I'm understanding correctly, you want a single width plate with a fuseholder and two switches on it, to provide the FCU function and control two different lamps. I seem to remember there was a thread on this recently, which I think suggested a grid switch.

Scolmore do 3 module grid switch, single width, which you could equip with the necessary Modules.

Otherwise this is the closest I have seen, though I'm not clear if the 'linked' reference means electrically, or if the switches are mechanically interlinked somehow. Each switch is double pole, and they presumably share common connections.
Also having 'fan' on a lightswitch doesn't help the aesthetics ?
Looks like grid switch is my only option as I've tried several different Google searches and it seems they don't exist.

(To clarify looking for 2 switches but one controls the FS and the other the porch lights. I'll have the security lights connected to the FS)

Alternatively an unswitched fused spur coupled with a single switch for a light would work too and probably even better

Just to follow up, got around to wiring up the hallway today and all working well. Great to have hallway light access from top of stairs.

For stairway lights I’ve got running to a temporary MK pendant under the stairs. Still undecided on actual stair light size, erring towards smaller diameter

Yes. A lot of old farm cottages in the Borders here just built of rubble really... rocks about the size of your head, really powdery mortar between. Cold chisel just bounces of them.

The electrics, whenever they were put in, were mostly surface clipped, down to pattress boxes. No way could you sink a box into the wall.

i think most of them now have been framed out and lined with insulated plasterboard, allowing flush accessories

Yes. A lot of old farm cottages in the Borders here just built of rubble really... rocks about the size of your head, really powdery mortar between. Cold chisel just bounces of them.

The electrics, whenever they were put in, were mostly surface clipped, down to pattress boxes. No way could you sink a box into the wall.

i think most of them now have been framed out and lined with insulated plasterboard, allowing flush accessories
Funnily enough was with my 80yr old neighbour this morning in his property he is selling. Old beauty of large thick Yorkshire stone. All his wiring is surface mounted, run in chrome pipes which actually works well for an industrial look.

Reply to 2-way switch... my head hurts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net