Discuss 2391-52 practical exam help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has done there 2391-52 practical exam lately i have mine this week just wondering a few things.

Rcd tests if i have a lighting circuit protected by a 61009 rcbo which point should the test be carried out at the distribution board or the accessory its self as i realise we are trying to reduce Live testing.

We have 2 lots of paperwork electrical installation cert & eicr we have been told that 2 circuits have been rewired which they will go on the eic but with regards to the eicr do we just leave the circuits black we here they have been removed to go onto the new eic cert? It’s a 3 phase Db which a circuit supplies the single phase Db?

Thanks for any help and if this is a stupid question again I apologise thanks

The two circuits for the EIC, will also be on the EICR.
You just copy the results on the EIC over to the EICR.

All dead tests will be conducted first.
Then they will energise the board for you to conduct the live tests, Ze PFC and RCD test.

I used the 3 pin plug lead to conduct the RCD test.

Remember to calculate Zs for all circuits after you have measured Ze.

Sorry, can’t recall whether the fault finding is before energisation, or after.

RCD test just at the end on one of the sockets with all the covers back in place. That is what I did.

For Zs I just calculated most circuits and I only measured on the circuits with sockets.

More of a safety aspect I guess instead of poking probes in ceiling roses live.

The practical was pretty simple really, Ive rarely done inspection and testing and I thought it was a doddle, as long as you know why you are doing it then can't really go wrong.

That’s it all complete PASSED.
Basically had 3 faults
my main bond was one of the faults giving a reading of 4.56 should be 0.05 or below

Next fault was the earthing conductor from the starter at the load side was broken basically you do a r1+r2 test to the top of the starter note it then at the bottom and add together for the total r1+r2 so from the load side it was broken so could not calculate zs as a result of this.

Last fault was on the ring circuit basically the conductors were all 2.5 L&N came back at 1.23 the cpc was 3.56 straight away this was noted meaning that our calculated zs would be to high so been recorded as a C2

Then paper work had to be perfect so happy it’s out the way and onto a new course thanks for the help appreciate it.

On the practical, we were told not to look for any visual faults as this was covered doing the photo exercise. My faults were high protective bond reading, open circuit on the lights and low IR.

Last fault was on the ring circuit basically the conductors were all 2.5 L&N came back at 1.23 the cpc was 3.56 straight away this was noted meaning that our calculated zs would be to high so been recorded as a C2

good info mate. just wondering why its a C2? was there an RCD on the circuit?

That’s it all complete PASSED.
Basically had 3 faults
my main bond was one of the faults giving a reading of 4.56 should be 0.05 or below

Next fault was the earthing conductor from the starter at the load side was broken basically you do a r1+r2 test to the top of the starter note it then at the bottom and add together for the total r1+r2 so from the load side it was broken so could not calculate zs as a result of this.

Then paper work had to be perfect so happy it’s out the way and onto a new course thanks for the help appreciate it.
Well done on passing but why should the R2 reading on the continuity of protective conductors be 0.05 ohms or below?
Guidance note 3 makes it clear that this reading is between 2 exposed conductive parts such as pipes and not from the MET to the bonding conductor.
It’s an urban myth badgered around the industry and taught incorrectly by the tutors

Reply to 2391-52 practical exam help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock