• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Any help appreciated in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?

JSykes

Trainee
Reaction score
Hi

Im based in SE London/North Kent and currently work in smart metering. I recently passed my domestic electrical installer exams (18th edition, level 3 inspection and testing, initial verification etc). However due to lack of experience in the industry and the fact that the qualifications I’ve done don’t involve a level 3 NVQ I haven’t been able to find a job yet. I’m eager to get out of what I’m doing now and get into the electricians world so if anyone has any jobs/tips/advice then would be much appreciated.

Have attached a picture of qualifications gained in case this helps.

Thanks

910A0C3A-91A1-47C6-AF25-4F2DAAFD1257.jpeg

I think the answer lies in your question. You don't have NVQ so no entry to the trade. This also has to be augmented with AM2 in order to be qualified. Then you can join a scheme and start on your own. But then you do need the experience to be able to do installation work etc.
Have a look at the link provided and you can see the various requirements for entry into the trade at different levels. Maybe agency work? Advertise in electrical wholesalers for mate job.
A careful read should tell you all you need to know about pukka entry to the trade. Best of luck!

I think the answer lies in your question. You don't have NVQ so no entry to the trade. This also has to be augmented with AM2 in order to be qualified. Then you can join a scheme and start on your own. But then you do need the experience to be able to do installation work etc.
Have a look at the link provided and you can see the various requirements for entry into the trade at different levels. Maybe agency work? Advertise in electrical wholesalers for mate job.
A careful read should tell you all you need to know about pukka entry to the trade. Best of luck!
Thanks for your reply. Will have a look at the link

There has been/will be change in the requirements to enter the electrical industry. As of September this year the bar is being set higher. In that the course you did would have qualified you to join a scheme, until September. However the requirement will then be you must have an NVQ lvl 3 (2365?) and AM2/3. Effectively meaning that the course you have completed is now obsolete. The course was the way forward to get into a scheme, but there is still time, if you are quick. phone a scheme (Napit) now and find out.

Reply to Any help appreciated in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net