Discuss Can I test for PME? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Currently doing an EICR on 2 neighbouring propertys... 1 had a new consumer unit done within the last 5 years and 1 has the original unit.
These property's are supplied overhead and the original unit has a TT system installed.
The Electrician that has installed the new unit has left the TT earth in but has installed 16mm earth off the neutral as if a TN-C-S system and I'm getting an adequate Ze reading (0.16).
Is there a way to check that this is actually a PME arrangement or should I contact the provider? Will they even know??

Hi - If the DNO has recently upgraded the network to permit use of TNCS at the property they will likely have added a PME label at the cutout. Hopefully you’ll also see new earth rods at nearby power poles outside. By all means check with the DNO to confirm.

You should ask the PME. You could test the Ze, but the test result might confuse the issue.

I‘ve worked on a couple of properties, that have overhead supplies, that have been converted to pme by the DNO.

Has the main earth been terminated into the supply head and been sealed?

Could have been converted to PME by DNO and the earth rod left connected. As above. Would be easy to double check with the DNO though.

You should ask the PME. You could test the Ze, but the test result might confuse the issue.

I‘ve worked on a couple of properties, that have overhead supplies, that have been converted to pme by the DNO.

Has the main earth been terminated into the supply head and been sealed?

You have the ability to communicate with an earthing system! I am impressed. ;)

Reply to Can I test for PME? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning guys! Went to look at a consumer unit change today with a PME supply. Now, right next to this was an old BS3036 60A fused mem cutout...
Replies
Views
5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Afternoon All, Just pricing up a job and thought I'd pick your brains. Quick run-down, Block of Flats with an underground car park. In the...
Replies
Views
TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock