Discuss Fluke Mini Thermometer in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest123

I got me (apologises for incorrect grammar) one of these today.

After witnessing recent events I will be adding this feature to all future PIR's/EICR's etc.

It really doesn't add much time to a report and can literally be a lifesaver if something is uncovered by it.

Fluke 62 Mini Infrared Thermometer

Anyone else already carry out this practice as the norm???

got 1 about 6 months ago, not fluke, think it's ethos. good for finding hot spots, bit like michael barrymore , but without the swimming pool.

After witnessing recent events I will be adding this feature to all future PIR's/EICR's etc.

It really doesn't add much time to a report and can literally be a lifesaver if something is uncovered by it.

Yep, I bought that one last week for the same reason.

Only takes a minute to zapp the inside of a CU when its open.

And checking temp of cable out of reach in factories.

How good is the Fluke as I was looking at a new T5 and at the momment isswww have an offer on for a T5 600 which also includes the Fluke 62 for £99 = 20%.

Would you just make a comment re its use on the PIR etc ???

How good is the Fluke as I was looking at a new T5 and at the momment isswww have an offer on for a T5 600 which also includes the Fluke 62 for £99 = 20%.

If they have those 2 as a bundle for that price I would be ripping their arms clean off for it.

On a small domestic report I would probably add a comment stating that it had been used and all results were within limits etc.

On larger multi board comm/ind reports I may even go so far as to record results at each DB to cover oneself from possible overloading with future additions etc.

If I saw that deal, i'd of had it seeing as I payed £72 for the Fluke 62 on its own.

i love the fluke stuff
i've got the t5 and the 1ac

i didn't know the infrared thermometer's could be got for less than £100 now-so i'm gonna put it on my shopping list

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to be careful as to what type of surface you point it to. Applying a black tape or paint will give a more accurate result, the difference can be quite considerable.

Chris

Lenny can you focus the two laser dots on the model you have so you know where your at?

The kit arrived yesterday and is spot on.

The Fluke 62 is very compact and easy to use and very good at picking up the different tempertures as you scan it over a fitting or busbar etc.

Look forward to giving it a go.

The T5 seems to be a good bit of kit as well

Excellent idea to have this bit of kit as part of your test equipment. Much cheaper than a Thermal Imager, but then your talking substantially more, ....even for a basic set-up job.

These IR thermometers are another tool in your arsenal to successful fault finding. Often when there are no visual clues as to what's going on within components and equipment, invaluable in those conditions...

Bet you can get one cheap over there m8
Excellent idea to have this bit of kit as part of your test equipment. Much cheaper than a Thermal Imager, but then your talking substantially more, ....even for a basic set-up job.

These IR thermometers are another tool in your arsenal to successful fault finding. Often when there are no visual clues as to what's going on within components and equipment, invaluable in those conditions...

Bet you can get one cheap over there m8

Most of my own test kit, has been acquired over the years from grateful project main and sub- contractors!! ...lol!!!

The trouble here, is that you really can't tell the fakes from the real kit in many cases. Not until you have done some functional tests within the shop. Take the kit outside the shop, and it's yours forever, good or bad...lol!! And once they see a Gweilo (foreign devil) in the shop they are reluctant to sell at the same price they would sell to a Chinese...

Generally, i've found prices to be around 30 to 40% that of UK internet prices...

Reply to Fluke Mini Thermometer in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock