Discuss Hello there ,new apprentice just saying hi from Southampton in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kl222

Hi my name's Karl,34 years old and I'm a month into an apprenticeship doing first and second fix work on new build properties on the south coast.
I went to night school and completed the level 2 and 3 2330 city and guilds and also completed the 17th edition exam 3 years ago but obviously without any experience could never get a start with anyone or gain experience so i decided to start at the bottom which is difficult financially but hey ho.
I was formally a white van man driving round central London for ten years finishing early most days with only traffic for stress to now running about like a blue arsed fly and not coming home till late, living off the mrs sandwiches and being in my own head questioning myself constantly all day but I'm getting there bit by bit.
Every day I learn a little more and I'm enjoying it but i wish there was a way to get more help financially because you can get a grant to pay for 3 years doing some stupid pointless degree but they don't offer that for learning trade's but that's the way it is.
Anyway nice to be here and thank you to anyone who offers me advice and takes the time to read :)
Regards Karl

Hi & welcome. :)

welcome to our world - tip from someone who left school without any qualifications and now seem to be running his own company - never stop learning - the more you learn the more you can earn - weather the storm and in my experience I have never met a decent sparks that is without work, and just so as you know the traffic in London is worse than ever!!!!!

welcome to our world - tip from someone who left school without any qualifications and now seem to be running his own company - never stop learning - the more you learn the more you can earn - weather the storm and in my experience I have never met a decent sparks that is without work, and just so as you know the traffic in London is worse than ever!!!!!

^^^ great words, I like it :smile:

Welcome and dont give up. I walked the same path as you and now doing a hell of a lot better for it. Keep at it and you will get there.

Welcome along, keep on hanging on and learning more, the tide will turn.
Take advantage of every benefit that is legally available to you; you will be paying it back in spades once things settle down!

Good luck and I hope better things are just around the corner for you.

Hi my name's Karl,34 years old and I'm a month into an apprenticeship doing first and second fix work on new build properties on the south coast.
I went to night school and completed the level 2 and 3 2330 city and guilds and also completed the 17th edition exam 3 years ago but obviously without any experience could never get a start with anyone or gain experience so i decided to start at the bottom which is difficult financially but hey ho.
I was formally a white van man driving round central London for ten years finishing early most days with only traffic for stress to now running about like a blue arsed fly and not coming home till late, living off the mrs sandwiches and being in my own head questioning myself constantly all day but I'm getting there bit by bit.
Every day I learn a little more and I'm enjoying it but i wish there was a way to get more help financially because you can get a grant to pay for 3 years doing some stupid pointless degree but they don't offer that for learning trade's but that's the way it is.
Anyway nice to be here and thank you to anyone who offers me advice and takes the time to read :)
Regards Karl
Welcome and good luck mate [emoji106]

Welcome aboard Karl.

:welcome:Mate get the Mods to give you access to the trainee section, you will get all the help and advice you can handle, no mickey taking or abuse in there as well, good luck mate, stick at it.

:welcome:Mate get the Mods to give you access to the trainee section, you will get all the help and advice you can handle, no mickey taking or abuse in there as well, good luck mate, stick at it.

Good idea but he already has his 2330 L 2&3 + 17th. Any help that you may need just ask, state that you are a newly qualified mature sparky working as a mate and the members then know your level.

Or get yourself into the trainee section. You'll have a bit of a safeguard against our acid tongues then. Anyhow, welcome aboard mate.

Thanks for all your replies very much appreciated, will ask permission to get entry to trainee section too thanks for the heads up :)

Welcome I'm new here myself and your never too old to learn a trade and something new and you never will stop learning, as mentioned previously I have also never met a decent spark without work. In my case I was always told get a trade you might not get to be the richest man alive but you will always have food on the table and bills covered ( hopefully lol)

welcome to the forums

Reply to Hello there ,new apprentice just saying hi from Southampton in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net