Discuss Homemade Taser in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Just reading the express and read about a jealous husband who rigged up a booby trap to taser his neighbour he suspected of popping in his has during day to have sex with his wife..... it then goes on to say it was hooked up to the mains and anyone who touched it would get a painful electric shock of between 11.8v and 18v........
Now is it me or is the prosecuter of said bloke trying to scare the jury here as its clearly out of the league of a 50,000v shock from a taser gun and classed as selv as i assume he used a bell transformer or something like..., more chance of stubbing his toe on a pillow than getting a blast from this.
Made me laugh though how the media made it sound he had rigged a extremely dangerous trap up.
An old customer knocked off his doorbell push button the other year so i shocked he didnt get banged up for 10yrs for making a taser.

Off the shelf electric fence unit would do , or a cattle prod , or even a flash gun , not terribly hard to do , would be harder to actually get he **** in the act :)

Reply to Homemade Taser in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net