Discuss How do these come off ? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

my god talk about old fashioned carp, I would recommend a new type of fitting to your customer which won't get so hot they melt the carrier, the answer though is probably 2 screws at the base behind the shield, my advise, get rid and modernise

No screws to be seen anywhere. I did a Google lens search and I think they snap on, somehow, like the outer thread snaps on to the inner threaded part but I can't see how they come off. Is there a special tool or certain bit to prise apart maybe. Looking for someone who's removed them. They were baked by the previous owner installing too high wattage lamps and they have become brittle and warped. I wont be doing that of course but I will need to change the fittings out for new but, I still gotta get em off !

No screws to be seen anywhere. I did a Google lens search and I think they snap on, somehow, like the outer thread snaps on to the inner threaded part but I can't see how they come off. Is there a special tool or certain bit to prise apart maybe. Looking for someone who's removed them. They were baked by the previous owner installing too high wattage lamps and they have become brittle and warped. I wont be doing that of course but I will need to change the fittings out for new but, I still gotta get em off !
Break them off if you're not going to reuse them, it will give you some notion as to how they are fixed.

Hi splitty, well if you can give us the manufactures information and if possible part details I will look up the PDF for you and hopefully get some answers which will help

I thought this was a spring clip (one each side) which you could be prized open, though may be brittle now !View attachment 113210
That is the right answer, thankyou, problem solved. I prised them apart and the outer comes away, leaving the inner part to unscrew. Thanks again for your reply, I can get these sorted now.

Attachments

• lamp holder III.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 6
  • Lamp holder IV.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 9
That is the right answer, thankyou, problem solved. I prised them apart and the outer comes away, leaving the inner part to unscrew. Thanks again for your reply, I can get these sorted now.
thanks for replying mate, anyone who replies on a post wether appreciated or not is grateful when the opening poster comes back to them, well done and thanks again, I am chuffed you got it worked out

Hi splitty, well if you can give us the manufactures information and if possible part details I will look up the PDF for you and hopefully get some answers which will help
Thanks MDJ, now I have managed to remove them. Here's a couple of photos with all the id stamps I can find. Although I know how to remove and replace them now, I'll still need to source them from somewhere.

Attachments

• Lamp holder V.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Lamp holder VI.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi electrical peeps. Just came to say thanks to all that helped and I have now replaced all of the lamp holders and got this bad boy working again. It looks even better when lit but no matter how I try to photograph it the pictures come out rubbish so here's the unlit pic. Cheers all, kept the Mrs happy.5 arm lamp stand.jpg

Oh yeah, I never thought of it like that ! , old phase colours as you say. Must be what attracted it to me in the first place :) (Something subconscious going on there maybe)
The black looking one is actually a very deep purple when lit but very difficult to photograph, nearly all the colours come out pretty poorly when its switched on and photographed (with my mobile phone) but to the naked eye, the colours are very vivid and striking. I picked this up for 30 quid on Facebook Market place, only a few weeks ago but it needed a little restoration. Very chuffed how it turned out (with help from this forum of course).

Reply to How do these come off ? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net