Discuss LED Downlight Driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I might be wrong but i think you'll struggle to get 15V output. It's a bit weird they're not 12V.

If you want to look at replacing the fittings please let me know what you need and as a forum sponsor I'm sure we can help to make is as painless on your pocket as possible.

Maybe something like the Ansell Prism would be suitable.

• LED dimmable fire-rated downlight for domestic applications
  • Supplied with matt white bezel as standard
  • Integral driver with push-fit loop-in, loop-out terminals for ease and speed of installation
  • Fully tested for 30, 60 and 90 minute ceiling types to meet Part B of Building Regulations
  • Fully tested to meet Part C (moisture) and Part E (acoustic) of Building Regulations
  • Wide 60 degree beam angle for increased light distribution
  • LED lifespan L70 40,000 hours
  • supplied c/w Integral driver

If you do not need the lights to be fire rated there also some very well priced offerings from Ansell and JCC available.

Cheers,
Ivan

If you want to change the drivers then you will need to know the specifications of the LED itself. It may be that the drivers that you currently have are fine quality wise but are overloaded, or not correctly matched and that is why they are failing. If you replace like for like but with a more reliable model they may fail as well.

Personally I would take it as a lesson learnt and replace the lot. The old adage of buy cheap buy twice seems to spring to mind unfortunately.

Reply to LED Downlight Driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I’m after some advice please. I’m installing some LED profile around a customers bedroom ceiling for some led strip to sit in and...
Replies
Views
Hi :) I'm currently renovating my outbuilding. My electrician has fitted 10 conduit LEDs (that support both leading and trailing edge) and x4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to put downlights in my fire surround - possibly 3 but more likely going to be 2. They are 0.4w LED lights. I have a 12v 8w LED driver...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Hi guys - I need to replace an LED driver for one of my downlights. I know how to make sure the bulb is compatible with the driver, but as I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock