Discuss Leisure battery? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tin Can Toaster

Afternoon knowledgeable ones.

I want to do some indoor craft markets over Christmas selling milkshakes and need to power a mixer 350w and a baine marie 250w.

Ive enquired about plugging in to the mains but most organisers cant answer if i can do this. So i need to have a cunning plan B.

I'm trying to establish if i could run these 2 items of a leisure battery and inverter. Obviously the milkshake machine would only run for very small amount of time. Assume max of 50 shakes so total run time equates to say 30 mins and the baine marie (although on all the time only heats up when the temperature drops)

Any ideas on battery size and inverter required?

Additionally if using this set up indoors can i put it in some sort of box rather than having cables trailing?

Many thanks in advance for info

I would use a 1000 watt inverter with an 88Ah (common size) leisure battery, this should work assuming an 8 hour days use. If you want to put it in a box, it will need ventilation holes to allow the inverter to cool and also need to be strong as the battery is no lightweight!. Also worth investing in a smart charger for the battery as you can leave it plugged in 'til battery needed again.

I would second Robotstar's advice but are you sure the bain marie is only 250 watts? It's possible but it sounds a bit low to me.

Reply to Leisure battery? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I need help with my catering van, I am looking to get leisure batteries for my catering van but don't know how many i need or what i need, i...
Replies
Views
Hi. I want to open a mobile coffee shop. I'm finding it difficult to power it without going duel fuel. I'm thinking 4x110ah 12v agm leisure...
Replies
Views
Hi All We're new here and looking for some advice to make sense of the world of leisure batteries and inverters. We're setting up a coffee van...
Replies
Views
I thought I had an understanding of how to size an inverter but I think I have become slightly confused after taking to some proposed installers...
Replies
Views
Hi, Recently had 3.6kw solar installed, at the time shortage of batteries & roi figured batteries not quite worth it. thinking otherwise perhaps...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock