Discuss Nearly caught skiving in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone got any interesting stories as the title suggests, myself and another sparkie plus 2 mates (EX PSA) where working ont he airfield lighting mid summer 1973, decided to get one of the Mtes to pop down the NAFFI for some icecream, just about to take a lick and the Station Engineer comes bimbling along, well we hid what was left of our ice cream inside the lighting unit we were working on, you've guessed it melted, got a rollicking but all had a good laugh about it, good old days.

Haha unlucky Pete

years ago me and another spark were sent by our boss to finish off some work on a council house, fully prepared for a full day of hard graft imagine our surprise when we get there and there's only 2 smoke alarms to second fix and a test on the new circuit to do, so we get cracked on and decide to drag the rest of the day out in the pub but as we are pulling up to the pub the vans clutch goes and my mate gets it stuck in 5th :/ and blocks the bloody road so I have to climb under the van and hammer it into neutral and then push it out of the way.

my mate was abit bothered about what the boss might say so I had to ring him, went inside the pub had a few and at about half 2 I rang the boss and told him we'd got finished up a little bit early and had broken down on the way home so he sends a recovery truck out and we get towed home only to find him stood there at the yard when we get back, we both stagger out half cut make our excuses and leave sharpish but he never put 2 and 2 together

got a few others I'll share them tonight

I was sent out to a job once as I was known to be able to make a good impression and the main boss from the council was coming on a site visit,anyway there I am doing my best to look good,working like a trojan,when I realised the apprentice had escaped! Around the corner comes the big boss,spots me working away then asks "are you supposed to be doing the work of 2 men?" "why?" I asked "well I,ve just seen your mate sprawled on a sun lounger round the back". I went absolutely mental! the lazy so and so was supposed to be sorting something else out but had found a sun lounger and decided to catch a few rays.I don't know about a few rays but his arse caught a few kicks from my size nine!

nearly got caught by site health and safety bloke.

he was looking around site taking pictures (all cables even 110v had to be constantly suspended etc

i was directly above him in a plantroom lying on some tray as he was taking pictures around me.

that was a close one, we had to always wear our id number on that job as well (hand scanner +code to get on site)

Reply to Nearly caught skiving in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net