Discuss My little champions!!!!! Yeah in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys & gals,

So I thought Id share a bit of great news with you all but first I have to tell you abit about me.

I am a junior football coach for "Bradford Park Avenue" under 9s. This came about last March when my lad came home from school with a flyer for "players wanted". Now, up until xmas 2010 my lad was more into darts and pool but, he said he wanted to give footy a try. Well I was so happy, as I am a big football fan and have played for years, I always wanted him to follow me in the sport. So I took him along to one of there training sessions. He did well, although you could tell the difference in him and some of the lads that had been playing for years but he really enjoyed it. So I got talking to the coach and he said the team had only been together for a few months and this would be there first season. I happened to mention to him that I did an FA coaching course about 14 years ago and he asked if I would give him a hand coaching the new team, so there you go, thats how I became the coach.

Anyway after watching the team in a few friendly summer tournaments, we said if we finished mid table, it would be a fantastic achievement. So first game of the season and the old april is nipping and we ended up winning 6-0. Well we put it down to the other team being not that good but as the season went on we kept winning and was soon top of the league. Well we could smell success and today was our last game. The team we were playing were the only team that could take away our title but they had to beat us and win there remaining 4 games. So again just before the game, the old april was at it again but we played fantastic and eneded up drawing 3-3, although we had most of the game and there keeper made 3 great saves.

So after all that dribble, my news is that in there first season together and my first season as there coach we have finished top of the league and are champions. We only lost one game all season and drew 2. But the icing on the cake for me as a dad was watching my son play his best game of the season and he has improved so much, I felt so prowd and I havnt stopped smiling or cuddleing him all day.

So Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Come on BPA.

Thanks for reading my great news.

Jay

Nice one mate, I had a similar thing when my youngest got his first full game of rugby. He's not got his first try yet and I hope I'm there to watch him when he gets it

I was hoping to see my lad score but he plays in goal for 20 min then right defence or midfield for the rest of the game. Unfortunatley he shoots like me, cant hit a barn door stood 2 foot away. But his goalie kicking is fantastic. Hope your lad gets his try soon trev! This is wat beeing a dad is all about!!

Jay

Last edited:
Nice to see someone playing a proper game!
Well both got to watch the old man playing a few times before I hung my boots up so all it needed was a gentle push in the general direction of the clubhouse and away they went. The oldest will be quitting soon unfortunately

Reply to My little champions!!!!! Yeah in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net