Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss New Member with some electrical experience in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I've just joined the forum, I'm not a qualified electrician, however, I am a mechanical engineer and did work in a maintenance department of a factory during my apprenticeship - I also worked on power boats and had to do some electrical work as part of that job (many years ago).

I've renovated a few houses now and worked with an electrician who was happy for me to run cables for sockets etc and he'd check connections, test etc.

I'm currently working on a cinema room, with questions around lighting (just posted in the lighting forums).

Interesting fact (well not really) I once had to repair a socket after a home extension by the builders electrician..... now we are a little concerned about the rest of the work they did...

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
builder's electrician is probably the builder and a labourer ( the labourer being more competent than the builder for whatever that's worth).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
builder's electrician is probably the builder and a labourer ( the labourer being more competent than the builder for whatever that's worth).
Ha ha, you'd think so right? In reality the builder hired a qualified electrician who then was too busy to do the work, so had his trainee do it all, but there was a few issues - one with the dodgy socket, where the live cable was touching the screw inside, tripping the breaker - then one socket front was over tightened, so I couldn't plug into it and had to replace the plastic lugs inside as they had broken and it was hanging off the wall!

Reply to New Member with some electrical experience in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom