Discuss Quick quote. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think you'd have all of this done within 5 hours. Total cost £350 (Materials approx £75, therefore labour £275). That's £55 p/hour which is fine for me. However, I may decide to quote as if the whole day is taken up as you may well not do any other work that day, labour £320, materials £75, total cost £395.

I think @Dustydazzler 's prices do seem a bit high. However, perhaps if I charged myself out at £500 - £600 p/day I would still get the work. I guess I won't ever know as I don't want to risk losing my client base. I'm guessing it's more larger companies that charge out at this price as they have to pay the electrician and make their profit.

I could go look at the job and decide it’s far easier in reality and lower my price accordingly , have done this afew times when the job works out quicker n easier just adjust the price

I like to estimate and quote worse case scenario and that’s one long day with even a possible revisit the next morning hence £500-600 Labour costing

it allows for mistakes , fiddly jobs and return visits etc

in reality it probably is nearer a 400-500 quid job but that is tight allowing for no hidden nasties

not 100% sure but after about 20-25 mins crawling around on the floor I can barely get up

literally have to pull myself up
that's nothing. wait till you can't get out of the bath from a sitting down position, and the bath is too narrow to turn over.

that's nothing. wait till you can't get out of the bath from a sitting down position, and the bath is too narrow to turn over.

this one has a door to get in and out ?

this one has a door to get in and out ?
just recently had one of them installed. total disaster. to use the door, you need to get into a dry bath. turn on the hot tap and scald your goolies. the shower screen stops you from using hands on the tub rim to pull up with. and worst of it all... there's no shelf to put your smokes and Jack Daniels on.

This one does not wobble in the slightest, for sale at the moment if anyone is interested, it's a Youngmans Boss @ 7.2M high with a 2.4m x 1.2m working platform complete coverage with toe boards, in addition two half platforms with internal access hatch's, the external ladder is not included, yours for £1200.00. Quick quote. DSC01747 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Quick quote. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock