Discuss Rough quote? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If everything is ok and no nasty surprises await you, it's a days work. So charge a day's work at whatever your day rate is. For me it would be something in the region of £300.
That's expensive for someone who will have to get a qualified electrician to sign off their work, their cost will have to be added.

It's your delusions that are the problem, from someone with no qualifications you deem you are able to give people advise, you may well be able to converse in French better than I, but to use that to score points is really taking the proverbial on a UK Forum.

I did a job like this just over a year ago, 40 plates altogether: 2G skts, 1G/2G light switches, SFCUs/FCUs and a couple of shaver sockets. Not flat plate, but low profile decorative. Took me 7 hours; charged for a bag of pattress screw extenders and replaced a fast fix box. Client inspected every one. I was relatively lucky as the existing cables had been nicely (professionally) dressed, and the locations of most of the terminals wasn't too far out from the old fittings.

Still one of the dullest, most tedious days of my working life so far. It just seemed to take forever.

Hi folks, I’ve been asked to change some accessories and I’ve no clue what to charge, just wondering if anybody could give me a rough quote? All the accessories are flat plate and screwless but it’s on freshly plastered walls.

The accessories to change are;
17 x twin sockets
2 x switched fused spurs
4 x 1 gang light switches
2 x 1 gang dimmer switches
2 x 2 gang light switches
1 x BT point

Im not interested in taking into account mileage/fuel etc, just for the labour. Also customer is supplying accessories.

Thanks in advance guys.
All I can add to this be careful because you never know what you are going to run into. I would say 2 days so you won’t be rushed and miss something. Good luck with your project

It's your delusions that are the problem, from someone with no qualifications you deem you are able to give people advise, you may well be able to converse in French better than I, but to use that to score points is really taking the proverbial on a UK Forum.
'Delusions'? What delusions? Saying what I would charge if i were doing the job as a qualified person?
Am i allowed to say what the price would be on average even though i'm not qualified?

Or you mean consistently putting you right on the parts of French legislation that you clearly don't understand properly? Like i said, you seem salty and to come in waving the 'you're not even qualified' flag and specifically mentioning signing off non-notifiable work without contributing anything else to the thread was your attempt at a cheap shot, trying to put me down for not being in your club. It was pretty pathetic and uncalled for to be honest, and just shows how petty you are. I dunno, maybe you have a thing about being wrong about notifiable work since you appear to not know the rules on either side of the channel. So much for being qualified. And to then try to bring up me mentioning things as point scoring when i was happily minding my own business in this thread is laughable.

Yes, I'm not qualified...yet. I'm a trainee. And everyone here knows it. Yet you tried to put down a trainee on a public forum to make yourself feel better. Very sad. Your comment is water off a duck's back.

Hi folks, I’ve been asked to change some accessories and I’ve no clue what to charge, just wondering if anybody could give me a rough quote? All the accessories are flat plate and screwless but it’s on freshly plastered walls.

The accessories to change are;
17 x twin sockets
2 x switched fused spurs
4 x 1 gang light switches
2 x 1 gang dimmer switches
2 x 2 gang light switches
1 x BT point

Im not interested in taking into account mileage/fuel etc, just for the labour. Also customer is supplying accessories.

Thanks in advance guys.
Would have been nice if you said in this thread what price you thought as well TBH, Lets hope you looked at the existing wiring first to make sure there are CPCs in the cabling and the DB is not 50 years old

Reply to Rough quote? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net