Discuss Rcd tripping with no switch on after smart meter installarion in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Given the reaction by the first visitor then it would appear that the Meter fitting companies and or the Energy suppliers know about the specific problem with MEM RCds and possibly other issues not known to the forum.

The unanswerable questions are why is it not on a sign in big red letters on the call centre wall for when people complain.
And why is not on page 1 of the meter installers check list.
Exactly

Myelectric smart metet was installed by a subcontractor
Morrison

The on field team who came was directly from eon

He cmearly said if it was someone from eon we would have not installed the meter, therefore it confirms there is a big difference of training, even on the quality of work.

Because the way eon checked everything before and after the replacement, was different from the subcontractor way of work, Eon guys went to check my boiler , the pipework, gave me a booklet, checked the outflow of the boiler aswell
On the other side the subcontractor came, installed the meter and went away.

If there are problems with smart meters, it should mandatory to release some guideline for all parties/companies installing these not so smart meters!
From the drama i been witness of, there is quality/guidelines deficiency for sure, or training.

Eventhough i told eon engineer, even you guys are using a subcontractor which is fine, but you should pass on the experience/hazard/not to do list to your subcontractor, look you paying them to do your work, but you still have to come back to repair the damage down... not very smart

As many know on here I used to be in metering, and I can tell you they want them on the wall.
The OP mentioned that it was a sub contractor that done the job, well he is going to fit them all day long no matter what, because they get payed for the amount of meters they put on the wall.

I am surprised that when EON turned up they didnt try to locate the meter somewhere else before changing back to heritage meters.

As many know on here I used to be in metering, and I can tell you they want them on the wall.
The OP mentioned that it was a sub contractor that done the job, well he is going to fit them all day long no matter what, because they get payed for the amount of meters they put on the wall.

I am surprised that when EON turned up they didnt try to locate the meter somewhere else before changing back to heritage meters.
The eon engineer talked about changing locarion of the meter
However his words were also that he doesnt want to take any further risk for me, as tests are still ongoing regarding smart meter to produce them so they can be compatible with any setup, as its yet not the case and regarding my situation ( tripping happening at night causing fridge/freezer going off, had to throw food 2 times) he said we will replace them with simple meters which i accepted as i have 2 children at home , you can believe me it was an awfull situation in the morning

The unanswerable questions are why is it not on a sign in big red letters on the call centre wall for when people complain.
Because that would mean admitting there's a problem ?
And why is not on page 1 of the meter installers check list.
Same answer
Exactly, they get paid per meter, as long as there's power out fo the meter then anything else is an SEP (Someone Else's Problem). Now, if the lecky companies (Eon in this case) actually penalised the contractors for the costs of cockups then the meter fitters might be more careful - but anyone like to bet on that being allowed in the contract ?

Reply to Rcd tripping with no switch on after smart meter installarion in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net