Search the forum,

Discuss Sharp 180 and Power one in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

Have I lost the plot???? Went to a survey this week and the customer has been quoted for 6 or 7 (depending on which part of the paperwork you look at) Sharp 180's with a Power One inverter.

The system is questionable but more to the point I can't get 6 or 7 Sharp 180's to go with a Power One inverter. I wanted to show price and quality comparisons using PVSOL so the customer could understand what each system provided and why our suggestion is better - any ideas???

Hi SRE,

The designer will tell you that "Needs Vstart Adjustment" with 6 or 7 NU-180's into a PVI-2000.
However, Power One inverters now ship with a Vstart of 130V. 6x 180's would give 149V. so it seems fine to me.

Or you could use a SB-1200 or alternative.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Christopher

Any idea what inverter they were suggesting? And what size system in kWp they were suggesting?

Sharp NU 180's - so 1.08kwp or 1.26kwp (different parts of the paperwork have different numbers) and the smallest Power One inverter is the PV1 2000 which only shows 54% efficiency with 6 panels and 63% efficient with 7 panels compared to 90 and 105% with the SMA 1200

Reply to Sharp 180 and Power one in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back