Discuss Sky Dish the only Aerial in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SimpleSimon

Hi Guys

Just moved into a new house and got a few questions about what looks like my Sky dish being the only aerial in the house. Can't find any Coax output around the house just LNB outputs. The dish has a quad LNB connector and runs from the dish to a splitter which than goes to three bedrooms.

Downstairs is the living room there is the twin LNB cables for Sky which work fine. So my questions are

- What is the best way to get a TV signal to all rooms in the house?
- Do LNB and Coax cables work on different frequencies hence why when I plugged the LNB into the back of the "Aerial In" on the back of the TV it meant it wasn't being picked up.
- Is there some sort of Satellite receiver I can purchase to give out the right signal across the house?

Buy yourself a freesat box they can cost from £50 upwards you will get all the +1 hour channels for ITV,C4,C5 and lots more only thing I am not sure about is if you have a quad LNB then you sould only have 4 points but you say you have 5 ie 3 bed and 2 for lounge.

Remember sat cable is not the same as tv ie you can run 3-4 TVs of an aerial so Sky+ needs 2 cables to LNB and that leaves you 2 spare

It is possible to combine TV signal from normal aerial (Freeview) into the same run of co-ax as the LNB feed from the sat. dish, using a loft box or diplexer. It all depends on what you have already and what you want at the end of it.
diplexer connection copy.jpg

Reply to Sky Dish the only Aerial in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Hi all, Looking for some advice on first fix for sky and freesat TV, I've quoted a WF100 shotgun and a single to both bedrooms and lounge...
Replies
Views
I have unexplained equipment and diagram for three separate connected f81 connectors. Each f81 connector is connected to single receiver to single...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new build house and need to set up my TV, Computer, Internet etc. I need to have a TV aerial installed. I am confused by the...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for some advice on the best way to do this. We are looking to add quad plates and LAN to rooms throughout the house. Most rooms will...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock