Discuss spit or hilti? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ayjay

older sparkys may remember the spit gun?--- lethal
then the hilti
the spit fired the nail through a barrell
the hilti via a plunger, so far safer
the cartrages were coulour coded the spit cartiges had a coulered plasic capsual
black was the most powerful----

older sparkys may remember the spit gun?--- lethal
then the hilti
the spit fired the nail through a barrell
the hilti via a plunger, so far safer
the cartrages were coulour coded the spit cartiges had a coulered plasic capsual
black was the most powerful----

I remember the Hilti and the Swallow. Can't remember the Spit though.

Had a hilti thing that you put a bullet in then wacked it with a hammer it was in a posh tin box. Cant really remember exactly, too long ago

My Paslode makes enough of a crack to scare the neighbours away, anything else is just showing off!

I have an old Hilti,a new one and a paslode.The older Hilti uses the same short blanks as my captive-bolt (vegatarians look away...) The most interesting story i can muster regarding the older Hilti guns is during the Miners strike,me dad was a press photographer and covered a fair bit of it,anyway someone had rigged one to fire nails at the coppers...they have a spring loaded nose and it's not that hard...bit torn on that one coz me grandad worked for a while as a miner at Agecroft,and me sisters just got her Inspectors passed,so...:angel_smile:

The place where I served my time had an old plunger Hilti gun. We figured out that we could fasten it in a vice and fire nails across the workshop. The boss wasn't best pleased when we narrowly missed him.
How the hell was I ever allowed to finish my time? I nearly spiked him with a nail, zapped him with a push button Megger, crashed his tractor, set fire to his workshop while teaching myself to braze, and he caught me "entertaining" his daughter

Remeber both, fire arms license needed these days though ;)
not true,I checked on this some months ago and they do not require a firearms license as they are defined as a powder actuated fixing tool,incidently a cable spiker doesn't need a firearms ticket either.

Reply to spit or hilti? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net