Discuss the red cable in Spain - hilo de mando, is it a myth? Often absent. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sylvanrootham

Hey,

do other installers in Spain setup the red cable?

it's mentioned in the reglamento:

"Además, cada derivación individual incluirá el hilo de mando para posibilitar la aplicación de diferentes tarifas"

in English: A auxilary cable will be installed for day night tarrif.

"La sección mínima será de 6 mm2 para los cables polares, neutro y protección y de 1,5 mm2 para el hilo de mando, que será de color rojo."

in English: red cable, 1,5 mm2.

although not common practice here in Barcelona.

I see it every now and then.

What do you think? Any inspectors comments?

Hola, mi español no es la mejor, pero la bienvenida al foro.

En Inglaterra, el cable normal es de color azul y marrón, viene en varios tamaños de pero el color no se relaciona con el tamaño.

¿Cuál es el tiempo lo hace en España en este momento?

That's all complete gobbledegook too me...

...like the trade is to Electrical Trainee's.

(haha i just can't resist having a sly dig wherever possible :laugh3:)

In andalucia the red cable must go from meter box to main consumer unit. If it is missing the electricity company will not make new connections

Reply to the red cable in Spain - hilo de mando, is it a myth? Often absent. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock