Search the forum,

Discuss voltage Optimiser - A Load Of Bull?!?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is someone being paid to set up an account on here and bring up this topic every few weeks?
Electric-All's post is (Imho) a blatant piece of advertising spam designed to try to convince us that these things are worth looking at.
As my learned friend Tony said earlier, how many appliances are not voltage dependent to deliver a set output?
Funny how no one has tried to answer that one isn't it?
These things are snake oil. Nothing more nothing less

I havent seen any other threads on this but today I got a call from a friend whos a free lance sales rep for conservatories, double glazing etc. Sometimes he asks the customer if they need any other work doing i.e gas, plumbing, electrics etc. So far Ive done two quotes for him which has led to over a £1000 worth of work for me. Anyway he calls today and asked about one of these "V Phase units".
I had never heard of one untill I come accross this thread (spoooky). I told him, if it fit after the meter, he would have to get the DNO to come and fit an ISO before I could fit it. This would of course incure a cost ££££££. After looking at the picture, you would also need alot of space to fit this monstrosaty, so I have told him, its not as simple as just selling it over the phone!! You need to look at the installation and see if it needs an ISO and if this thing will fit. Hopefully that has put him off trying to sell this crap but not put him off getting me more work. lol

Jay

Last edited:
Jay!

Hail the bridge, hard right rudder! (Didn’t save the Titanic).
Avoid at all costs.

Not being funny but if you get associated with selling (you will be a recommended installer according to the salesman) dodgy equipment the smell will stick with you for years.

Look for past posts on this site for them, I don’t think you’ll find a good word for them.

The fact that jdd’s wholesaler was flogging then off for at £1 a go says a awful lot.

I do have some sympathy with these guys.
As others have said, until a quantifiable study has been done, you can't offer a sensible opinion.
I thought about the idea a few years ago, saving 10 or 20 volts on the supply, would it make savings.
There must be something in it, don't dismiss it completely out of hand.
I wouldn't pay for one at home personally but I'm sure they have their use somewhere.
The price of energy these days, if one can save £s somewhere...

Jay!

Hail the bridge, hard right rudder! (Didn’t save the Titanic).
Avoid at all costs.
Not being funny but if you get associated with selling (you will be a recommended installer according to the salesman) dodgy equipment the smell will stick with you for years.

Look for past posts on this site for them, I don’t think you’ll find a good word for them.

The fact that jdd’s wholesaler was flogging then off for at £1 a go says a awful lot.

Hi Tony,

No way will I be trying to sell these things, (I cant even sell my body to my wife). It was my mate who asked me about them, he asked if they were easy to fit and whether they worked. All I would have done is fit them for the people that were silly enough to believe they worked but looking at this thread, im gonna tell my friend to get someone else to fit them if he still wants to try and sell em to folk.

Jay

I used to fit industrial units like this. It was basically only for lighting, the idea being that a 15% reduction in Voltage meant that although there was a reduction in light level it was not noticeable.

This gave good savings on a multi story car park.

There are other units available that you have to split the circuits on what is of benefit and what is not. From what i gather from this is that it goes before C/U so no splitting of circs.

Do not know how long it would take to get your money back if the only thing of use is lights.

We have just bypassed 2 of the these units on a large warehouse, after 12 months in use they saved them no money, no promises where met. The company refused to take them out even with the evidence on paper infront of them, in the end after a lengthy process the company said "Oh you can just keep them then, or let your sparks take them out and they can have them". We kept them in and just switched them to bypass, all the information you can get up on the units screen is quite usefull though lol.

One problem we had was the low bay lamps wouldnt ignite with the reduced voltage, some manufacturers would, some wouldnt.

I think these units are total boll*cks, some equiment will just draw more current to get the same output, some equipment will take longer to do its job other equipment just wont perform the same.

Reply to voltage Optimiser - A Load Of Bull?!?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back