Discuss Which Aerial CoAx Connectors? And a question RE couplers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi again

Having decided from my previous post to go with Webro WF100 (100m for £40 on Amazon), now I'm trying to find out what connector to use . I just need a CoAx to connect to the TV. Any recommendations please? At the aerial, the cable connects via screw terminals so nothing needed there.

Also, as I'm doing the aerial cable upgrade, and because I will be doing work in and redecorating the living room, I was thinking to put in a second aerial point in the room "just in case" for future reference. The aerial is in the loft. The cable runs the length of the loft, around 10m. Then it drops through the bedroom and into the living room, so a drop of around 6m. A few more metres for bends, to each the TV, etc. I'm thinking there are two options....

1. Run two completely separate cables to their chosen points in the living room. Leave the one not in use disconnected at the aerial but there if needed.

2. Run a single cable from the aerial to an easily accessible point, either in the loft or the bedroom. Put a connector on there. Then use a coupler to join one of the two cables from the living room as required. This would result in less overall cable. But how much signal loss is there when using couplers?

Any thoughts most appreciated, including other ideas
:)

Cheers

separate cables. then if you want to use the 2nd cable in the future you can fit an amp. in the attic if required. and any coax plug will do.

Reply to Which Aerial CoAx Connectors? And a question RE couplers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and wanting some advice regarding a tv aerial. I moved into my own flat and bought a tv, however when I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views
Hi. Im looking for some advice when calculating submain cables. Basically there is a new connection of 80Amps that is to be used for a dwelling...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm going to replace some sockets during a routine redecoration of our lounge including replacing some singles with doubles with USB...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock