Discuss WIHA Pro club for electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes I've signed up.
Not sure of the continuing benefits but for your £90 you get a speede driver that usually costs about £230.
Massively overpriced at retail by the way.

I'm honestly not getting on with mine after a few uses but I'll give it a good couple of months before making my mind up.
I'm sure I'll be able to flog it for at least my money back :rolleyes:
[automerge]1579721117[/automerge]

I’m only keeping my speede so I’ve got extra screwdriver bits. Tore the tip off the little one i got with my torque driver at Xmas.

Complained to wiha about it and they sent me a new bit.... but the wrong one. (Pozi instead of slotted pozi) so they’re sending me another new one.

I have a speed E too. Use it a fair bit for second fixing. Guess it saves a bit of time.. over-priced though..
I'm thinking that they probably have a glut of the drivers they can't sell at the ridiculous price they retail at, so instead have come up with this scheme as a way to get some money back and get rid of the surplus stock!
For £90 though i would join if I didn't have one..

I'm thinking that they probably have a glut of the drivers they can't sell at the ridiculous price they retail at, so instead have come up with this scheme as a way to get some money back and get rid of the surplus stock!

I reckon you're close, but probably more likely having spent a massive amount on product development and seeing poor sales they'd like to research why and maybe improve and launch a mkII version ?

I reckon you're close, but probably more likely having spent a massive amount on product development and seeing poor sales they'd like to research why and maybe improve and launch a mkII version ?

Yeah, you are probably right there Andy. I have just grown to dislike Wiha now after the awful service I got from them. I still think their slimfix drivers are superb though..

If they do bring out a mkII then I hope it has just a bit more power and torque..not a huge amount more and I guess it's tricky given its size etc..but I think one with a little more oomph could be a great tool.

If I didn't have the speed E already and with the promise(?) of getting other tools too I think £90 per year may be well worthwhile.

Yeah, you are probably right there Andy. I have just grown to dislike Wiha now after the awful service I got from them. I still think their slimfix drivers are superb though..

If they do bring out a mkII then I hope it has just a bit more power and torque..not a huge amount more and I guess it's tricky given its size etc..but I think one with a little more oomph could be a great tool.

If I didn't have the speed E already and with the promise(?) of getting other tools too I think £90 per year may be well worthwhile.

Absolutely agree, it just doesn't have the guts. I'm not wanting a drill driver out of it but it literally stalls when encountering resistance through friction between a screw and its machined thread. Examples would be MCB terminals, neutral/earth bar terminals, socket and switch terminals too. Not very useful really.

As a brand I think they make great tools overall. I have used their screwdrivers for years and wouldn't change. Their pliers/cutters set is holding up well to daily use too and starting to make me think they aren't far off my Knipex tools. Love my little cassette stubby too, always comes in handy.

my biggest gripe with wiha is the slimbit screwdriver. the bits fall out in use , usually to fall into floor voids or roll under furniture. think i've had to replace 5 due to losing. never broke one though.

my biggest gripe with wiha is the slimbit screwdriver. the bits fall out in use , usually to fall into floor voids or roll under furniture. think i've had to replace 5 due to losing. never broke one though.

I know in the speede there is an O ring to keep bits in place that sometimes comes astray according to others. Could be that if it has one. Or had one ?

I think they re-designed the slimbit handle. My mate had one that got replaced through warranty due to a broken collar and the replacement was a slightly different design.

i have 2 handles. 1 you push forward to lock, the other you pull back. either one will drop a bit when using it, seems that the lock is not positive enough.

A bit of googling online has found wiha name the same powered screwdriver as a non vde version for similar price of joining the club. They also do an industrial one for bolts so assume more torque?

A bit of googling online has found wiha name the same powered screwdriver as a non vde version for similar price of joining the club. They also do an industrial one for bolts so assume more torque?

Both versions are same spec, do motor switches off at 0.4nm but tool is capable of 8nm max.
You can get pre set torque adapters to push in them if you want.
The industrial name is just to denote it's not vde as the vde one is just called the speede, not speede vde. It baggsied the name first.

Reply to WIHA Pro club for electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net