Discuss 17th edition refresher... how do i know if ive got the 16th?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

snowiespark

hi, im new 2 this forum..
ive done a 4year JTL apprentiship... ( they are uselss & so is the collage ...)

basicaly, ive got loads of cirtifacates, they dont make much sence as towhat they are, ive got NVQ 2 , and NVQ 3 , AM2 , and a cirtificate to say i have completed the " electrotechincal advanced apprenticeship buildings and structures "

so as far as i am concernd i see my self as a qualified spark... but none of them circtfictes actulay state on them , 16TH edition regs... i am looking to get the 17th regs 1day upgrade course... but how do i knw i have the 16th ? is the 16th edition part of the NVQ3 ???? colage arnt very helpfull on this ... cheers matt..

basicaly, ive got loads of cirtifacates, they dont make much sence as towhat they are, ive got NVQ 2 , and NVQ 3 , AM2 , and a cirtificate to say i have completed the " electrotechincal advanced apprenticeship buildings and structures "

so as far as i am concernd i see my self as a qualified spark... but none of them circtfictes actulay state on them , 16TH edition regs... i am looking to get the 17th regs 1day upgrade course... but how do i knw i have the 16th ? is the 16th edition part of the NVQ3 ???? colage arnt very helpfull on this ... cheers matt..
When did you do your courses.The 17th edition came into force in July 2008.Hi and welcome to the forum too:D

If you have taken one of these below then you only need to do the up date otherwise it's the full one

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: June 2001 (2381), or;
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation (Building and Structures) (2330-07), or;
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Electrical Maintenance (2330-08), or;
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Installation Part Two (2360) (from 1 January 2004 onwards only), or;
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Knowledge of Electrical Installation Engineering (2351) (only if achieved as part of an Electrotechnical Advanced Apprenticeship completed post 1 January 2004).

I know what you mean mate as i wondered the same thing when i passed. You don't actually get a certificated to say your a qualified spark as far as i know (just need NVQ2 +3 and AM2) and also, i always wondered about enrollment no. and what that meant as i went straight into apprenticeship and still at company, so never needed it ?????

Also if you studied the brown regs book thats how you know you done the 16th and you sound to new to have done the 15th :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean mate as i wondered the same thing when i passed. You don't actually get a certificated to say your a qualified spark as far as i know (just need NVQ2 +3 and AM2) and also, i always wondered about enrollment no. and what that meant as i went straight into apprenticeship and still at company, so never needed it ?????

Also if you studied the brown regs book thats how you know you done the 16th and you sound to new to have done the 15th :)

16TH came in different colours for different amendments, yellow (1992) then blue (2001) followed by brown (2004).

Last edited:
If you have taken one of these below then you only need to do the up date otherwise it's the full one

City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: June 2001 (2381), or;
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation (Building and Structures) (2330-07), or;
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Electrical Maintenance (2330-08), or;
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Installation Part Two (2360) (from 1 January 2004 onwards only), or;
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Knowledge of Electrical Installation Engineering (2351) (only if achieved as part of an Electrotechnical Advanced Apprenticeship completed post 1 January 2004).

yea , thats the one ive got, aswell as AM2 , so il get me self booked in for the 17th edition 1day upgrade thing, since i only passed last year :) ive sat my testing and inspecting as well, so i must have been qualifed or they wouldent let me do it ( i supose) ( i failed the written paper, booked resit tho... )

Cheer for the help guys. will hopefully be visiting most nites 2 this forum as it seems quite good...

Reply to 17th edition refresher... how do i know if ive got the 16th?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net