Discuss 2382 Exam Question - Do you agree with me? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Ashley2

Paper 1: Sample Questions - C&G 2382-20 full 17th Edition paper A

Got this from http://www.djtelectraining.co.uk/downloads/January2012/PAPER_1_(60Q).pdf

Q13: Where the measure of automatic disconnection of supply is employed,
fault protection may be provided by:
a protective earthing only
b protective equipotential bonding only
c protective earthing and protective equipotential bonding
d electrical separation.
Answer d See Part 4: Protection for safety, Regulation 411.1.

The answer they give is "d: Electrical Separation". However, when looking at 411.1 (in the Green Book), there is no mention of Electrical separation. I personally went for "c: protective earthing and protective equipotential bonding", as these two, (together with Automatic disconnection in case of a fault) form the three protective measures relating to automatic disconnection in 411.1.

I know that errors can be made when making these questions, therefore it is only for my own benefit that I am posting this, as I like to take a second opinion, (no matter how obvious the answer). I would therefore appreciate your input.

I wouldn't take these questions from djtelectraining as gospel.

Seen many wrong from them before.

The question you are referring to is as you state. The protective measure ADS relies upon earthing and bonding in co-ordination with selected devices.
Electrical seperation is it's own protective measure, similar to SELV/PELV and Double insulation.

Its not djtelectraining that's the issue, as anyone can make an error. (I have seen errors from others aswell). I always think that a second opinion operates as feedback, therefore I appreciate you taking the time to give your response.

Its not djtelectraining that's the issue, as anyone can make an error.

Yes, however there is a difference between common error and training provider error.

Lets just say, that if you are going to post questions and answers and videos on your "training" website, it's best to get the content right.

I agree, and that's why feedback is important for me, no matter how obvious the answer. I would not have put it in this forum, but for the fact that I do email the websites (not just djtelectraining), asking that they either confirm that their answer is right or that mine is right, but when they do not respond, I have no other option but to seek feedback. (And I only email when my answer concurs with the Green book, and I am more than positive about the answer. One of the reasons that I do email, is to ensure that the next person does not have to contend with this error).

This is a pity as the provision of these exam questions, does help to get to terms with the process and structure of the actual exam and hence the revision element. They do provide a service, but as you say, training provider error is different to a common error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its either City and Guilds written questions, or none at all. There is a lot of stuff out there, and a lot of it is rubbish, some is good and some indifferent.
If it isnt C&G then its a no no as far as I am concerned. I bought a disc for £2.99 on ebay, just out of curiosity, some really good useful stuff on it, but i had to spend hours editing it to get the terminology correct, then i decided to delete all the questions as they were not very good, and also came with incorrect answers.

Cheers............Howard

Reply to 2382 Exam Question - Do you agree with me? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net