Discuss 247 Training UK electrician online course story in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
signed up to 247 training uk with payments associated with Carnegie Consumer Finance paying £180 per month. I did 9/39 models to do the pre attendance exam. Failed 4 times with a 7 day cooldown for retake which has trick confusing questions as well as choice of answers. I'm starting to believe I've been stalled to prevent me from getting to the practical centre. Now they sent me "Health and Safety Assignment Detached House Refurbishment Version 4" & it is completely different from the pre attendance exam.

I need help with the "Health and Safety Assignment Detached House Refurbishment Version 4"

Here's one sample of the pre attendance test: (Note I recorded all 135 questions).

Review the following statements & select the most appropriate answer.

Statement 1
PPE must only be used to provide protection to individuals
Statement 2
All risk can be overcome in a satisfactory manner by the use of PPE

a) Statement 1 is incorrect & statement 2 is correct
b) Both statements are incorrect*
c) Statement 2 is correct & is the result of applying statement 1
d) both statements are correct

Now I'm starting to think I've been scammed

PPE is specifically for protection of personnel, so 1. is correct.
PPE would not protect you from all risks. e.g a gas explosion if a plumber had just left site. so 2. is incorrect.

signed up to 247 training uk with payments associated with Carnegie Consumer Finance paying £180 per month. I did 9/39 models to do the pre attendance exam. Failed 4 times with a 7 day cooldown for retake which has trick confusing questions as well as choice of answers. I'm starting to believe I've been stalled to prevent me from getting to the practical centre. Now they sent me "Health and Safety Assignment Detached House Refurbishment Version 4" & it is completely different from the pre attendance exam.

I need help with the "Health and Safety Assignment Detached House Refurbishment Version 4"

Here's one sample of the pre attendance test: (Note I recorded all 135 questions).

Statement 1
Statement 2

report it to the credit provider. explain that you are not getting the service that you are paying for. and stop payments.

Those HS questionaires are notoriously insane anyway. I remember the question
You are in a trench and smell some gas and begin to feel weak

do you
A: get out of the trench
B: have a sit down and fan your self
C: take a rest
D: Keep on working
I chose A the answer was B
They are insane!
TBH I think you are most likely being scammed. Considering the changes for entering the industry most of the six week courses are a waste of money. Go and have a look at these links and see if your course is going to get you where you want to be. If not then get in touch with trading standards and sue for all your money back.
https://electrical.------.org/media...qualification-guide-2020-v11-updated-2394.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
It got even stricter on entry to the schemes a few months back. to join and be the qs now, you either have to have 2 years as the qs elsewhere or have a level 3 craft qualification which in reality means nvq3 + AM2.
really closed the door on fast track routes.
With the newly released domestic only nvq3 and soon to be announced domestic am2. I can seriously see a time where by even exisitng scheme members will be told over a few years period to upskill and do the experienced worker assessment for either domestic only or standard nvq with the applicable am2.
not a bad things as it would lead to a lot of rogues leaving the industry and prices paid for labour to increase.

For those who got scammed from 247TrainingUK report it to the trading standards to create enough noise for them to start their investigation.

Citizens Advice consumer service

Tel: 0808 223 1133

Web:
www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Open: 9:00am to 17:00 pm Monday to Friday

You can also report to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or at www.actionfraud.police.uk provided by the trading standard (citizensadvice). Then they will forward to National Fraud Intelligence Bureau. The information regarding to a scam that I provided matches against other available data but more people need to come forward to make a noise.

Statement 1
Statement 2

hi, im in the same boat. I failed my test twice but on the second attempt I took a photo of each question. It was probably the hardest test I have taken during my course. Im on TMA28 and have been to the test center 3 times. It does get easier the online tutors offer zero help but once you get to the test center the tutors are great. Hang in there. My advice would be to blitz your TMAs to unlock the online classrooms and then blitz through them as they wont offer you dates for the test center unless they are completed. no one tells you this though

Hello, im in the same boat with another 2 friends, Tutors they dont offer any help, we start to mark all the questions, any advice? what is happening if you manage to pass this test? there are any place where u can see answer for all this question.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, im in the same boat. I failed my test twice but on the second attempt I took a photo of each question. It was probably the hardest test I have taken during my course. Im on TMA28 and have been to the test center 3 times. It does get easier the online tutors offer zero help but once you get to the test center the tutors are great. Hang in there. My advice would be to blitz your TMAs to unlock the online classrooms and then blitz through them as they wont offer you dates for the test center unless they are completed. no one tells you this though
Hello Felix what is your situation atm, are this guys 247 Training UK what they told us they are? is wort to keep going? did you finish? can i get a contact with you to talk about it?

Reply to 247 Training UK electrician online course story in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net