Discuss 2391 Exam Questions ! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have seen to many people pass the 2391 written just because they have a good memory which make me angry, but when it actually comes to understanding why they do the tests in a certain sequence and what do all the relevant values mean, a lot don't even know or understand. I'm currently an A1 assessor & teach the practical side of the inspection & testing process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zenn, you need to brush up on your terminology. A PIR is no more, it is known as an EICR!

And i will add, there is no such thing as a schedule of test report, it is Schedule of test RESULTS, no i am not being picky, the marker will mark what you write, not what he knows you mean.

The term Periodic inspection still exists, but as rightly stated Periodic Inspection Report does not. So if you make any reference to a periodic, then ensure you clearly state, that a Periodic Inspection and Test of the existing installation will generate an Electrical Installation Condition Report and a Generic schedule of Test Results.

Cheers............Howard

December 2011.
Section A.
1) Yes, yes, yes.
2) (a) Yes, also ESQR 2002. (b) Yes.
3) (a) No. Remember to read the question. Look at an EIC/EICR model form. The supply parameters are Nominal voltage, Nominal frequency, PFC and Ze.
The only ones that cannot be measured are the nominal voltage and frequency.
(b) as above, PFC and Ze.
4) No. The purpouse is the determine that the installation complies with BS7671 and has been constructed as per the design.
5) Yes.
6) (a) Yes. (b) No. EFLI tester. (c) Yes.
7) Yes, yes, yes.
8) Yes, yes, yes.

Do you have the city and guilds exam success guide? this will help tidy-up any terminology difficulties!! Think safety, don't waffle and memorise test sequences with EXACT wording(and forgoodness sake understand why they are carried out. I passed my exam first time - However, I did cancel my first because I did not feel ready!! - You must know GN3 and if you can manage it.....know ALL of the inspections, this is tedious but can be achieved!!. Stay calm and don't panic!!

Reply to 2391 Exam Questions ! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net