Discuss Best solar qualification? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I'm considering doing a solar pv and battery storage course in the new year. Having done some research I've found several different awarding bodies, course providers etc.

Just wondering which courses people have done? EAL, BPEC, LCL?

Any recommendations for places to take the course? I'm happy to travel, based In Lincolnshire.

Thank you

NAPIT training run both BPEC and LCL courses in solar pv and battery storage

Downside I did the BPEC Solar with NAPIT in August, still to receive the qualification, all passed, supposed delays with internal verification. spoken to head of napit training told its all done and been sent to BPEC. month on still no course certificate/card... wished I had gone elsewhere as I cant progress MCS without the BPEC qualification

@Gavin John Hyde

How was the course with napit? Was there much practical?
NAPIT training run both BPEC and LCL courses in solar pv and battery storage

Downside I did the BPEC Solar with NAPIT in August, still to receive the qualification, all passed, supposed delays with internal verification. spoken to head of napit training told its all done and been sent to BPEC. month on still no course certificate/card... wished I had gone elsewhere as I cant progress MCS without the BPEC qualification
That would be my question too?
I've looked at the solar courses and the first 4 days seem to be regs and such like, with the 5th day pratical

I also looked at them, and that was what I found 4 days of regs ect 1 day practical oh and exam!
Our local wholesalers have teamed up with NIC and are running courses, I did my 18th A2 update there in October, it was very well presented and will be doing a PV and EV qualification with them next year!

I also looked at them, and that was what I found 4 days of regs ect 1 day practical oh and exam!
Our local wholesalers have teamed up with NIC and are running courses, I did my 18th A2 update there in October, it was very well presented and will be doing a PV and EV qualification with them next year!
just bear in mind that if the qualification isnt on the mcs list they may not let you register if you go down the mcs route. no requirement to go mcs but a lot of folk want the mcs cert for export payments

@Gavin John Hyde

How was the course with napit? Was there much practical?
very very little , wasnt an issue for myself as i was involved with solar pv a few years back so a means to an end and a refresher course really.

The best facilities for pv training are the tradeskills4u renewables centre in crawley/gatwick as they have full roof set up for you to get on and get a feel for the kit.

plenty of cheap hotels in crawley too.

@Gavin John Hyde
Yes they are all fully accredited city and guilds qualifications that are offered. The exam is taken at the local college which in my location is luckily just around the corner and within walking distance.
It makes me laugh really as it it just a formality for me. I have fitted PV systems for over 10 years now and was MCS accredited until about 5 years ago when it went slack on solar around here apart from off grid systems.
I have also fitted many EV chargers mainly 3phase 22kw ones and just want the CG qual to say I have it and keep Napit happy with CPD
Sy

Worth noting that the BPEC course has to be redone every 5 years; it's why TS4U don't offer the C&G PV course any longer (as the BPEC 5 year renewal is guaranteed income)

Worth noting that the BPEC course has to be redone every 5 years; it's why TS4U don't offer the C&G PV course any longer (as the BPEC 5 year renewal is guaranteed income)
indeed it does, had to renew my own. I think in time you will see the same with a lot of qualifications. wouldnt at all be surprised if before long C&G say the 2391 is only valid for x years, ev charging the same to get repeat exam sits

Reply to Best solar qualification? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock