Discuss Car led strip in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi guys , can anyone advice me how many diode i should use for fitting my led strip in my car. i connected via 3 Key 12V~24V Switch DC 8A RF remote control Dimmer LED Wireless Controller and i want also to connect the power from the door switch but it disable the controller . i know that i can use some diode to stop power flow just in one direction, i would appreciateCar led strip led - EletriciansForums.netCar led strip s-l1600 - EletriciansForums.netCar led strip s-l1600 - EletriciansForums.net your help , picture attached

If I understand correctly, wouldn't you be better off wiring the door switch to a relay and using that than put a diode in the circuit?

If I understand correctly, wouldn't you be better off wiring the door switch to a relay and using that than put a diode in the circuit?
yes if it is possible , would you let me know what to use ? im not that good with relay , can you recommend what type should i use and how ? maybe you can understand something from my unprofessional wiring diagram :p

yes if it is possible , would you let me know what to use ? im not that good with relay , can you recommend what type should i use and how ? maybe you can understand something from my unprofessional wiring diagram :p

Maybe something like this.

It's against forum rules to give step-by-step instructions on how to do things.
Just use the relay to switch the power to the dimmer controller.

It's against forum rules to give step-by-step instructions on how to do things.
Just use the relay to switch the power to the dimmer controller.
Uderstand the rules Boss :) i attached one edited png. can you please have a look and let me know if i'm doing right ? Thank youCar led strip led - EletriciansForums.net

it is any electronic part that can do that ? i dont want to use switch , looks ugly :) a diode will stop the power get backward to the dimmer unit ? any value for the diode if is possible ? what i'm doing wrong ?
Thank you in advance for your help

The relay contact needs to go on the output of the LED unit.
Also fit a fuse to the power input to the LED unit.

On the relay I showed you the N/O contact numbers are 3 & 5.
Put that in the red +12 Volts line on your original drawing.
Fit a fuse to the power coming into the LED unit.

i just got the relay , i will folow your instruction , png attached
i will also keep you update with succes rate :) im a bit concerned about my lights is full on for few seconds after i close the door and dimming to 0 till is offCar led strip led - EletriciansForums.net

Wire your door switch to contact 2 and 0V to contact 1.
Wire contacts 3 to the output of the LED controller (+12v on your original drawing) and contact 5 to the Anode of the diodes (Red line) in your original drawing.
This will switch the +12v line going to the LEDs.
See how that works and let us know.

ok, i will try to explain a bit better , please excuse my grammar , I'm not British :D

the led controler it's turn on by remote (please see picture attached) that's meaning to the output is 0V when is turned off by remote controler. it is not better to use input power from the door switch to contact 3 ?and output
contact 5 to the Anode of the diodes
question from noob like me : contact number 3 is to activate relay to send 12V+ to contact 5 I presume ... and the second one is if to contact 1 it should all time to be (-) 0V ?
in this scenarios I can use remote to turn on the led
at any time and also to be turned on when I will open any doors
I know that i'm a pain for you guys , but I can say that I apreciate your advice and I start to learn good things from the best
Thank you and I wish you all a good week end

Attachments

• Car led strip remote - EletriciansForums.net
    remote.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Car led strip door led - EletriciansForums.net
    door led.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
I understand better now mate.
I thought your initially just wanted to turn the LEDs on only when the door opens and the remote was for the initial setup of the LED light level. That is why I suggested switching the output of the LED controller.

thanks for your understanding :D
then i can use the diagram attached ?
and another question is if on the relay on contact number 1 it should all time to be (-) 0V ?

Attachments

• Car led strip led - EletriciansForums.net
    led.png
    18 KB · Views: 3
The way you have shown on the wiring diagram, the relay will always be energised. So basically you have wired up the door switch directly to the LEDs.
Not sure about putting +12v onto the output of the LED controller.
I think this is where your original question of putting a diode at the output come from.

i think i will use this one. (diagram changed). in this case the relay is off until the door is open , i think so :)Car led strip led 2 - EletriciansForums.net
sorry for keep asking your oppinion

i think i will use this one. (diagram changed). in this case the relay is off until the door is open , i think so :)View attachment 50023
sorry for keep asking your oppinion

In your diagram the relay is totally pointless as the load is still being switched by the door switch
The other one to check is the door switch in the positive or negative side of the load circuit or is the switch in the canbus

Actually I take (+&-) from bulb but the problem is that power flows backwards into led controller, please advice me if is Wright to use P6KE12A-B-LF Diode transil 600W 12V 36.5A unidirectional DO15 P6KE12A-B for stopping the current flow back
thanks

Reply to Car led strip in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock