Discuss Adding 12v strip lights to kitchen cabinets. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the wall units for the strip lights to connect to but when I measure the voltage with a multimeter it recording as 12v AC max, from what I can see online led drivers I found online expect 220-230v to convert down to 12/24v and I know you shouldn't connect strip lights to Ac.
So my general question Is what should I use to connect the cob led to the mains to change the AC to DC. The lengths are are below 2m. Wattage will be 40w and these will be controlled by 3 gang led dimmer switch

Thanks any help is appreciated.

Can you provide photographs?

There may be existing transformers or drivers sitting on top of the units.

Not all LED drivers are dimmable, even with a proprietary LED dimmer.

Model numbers or data sticker on the existing lights should state the voltage they run at.

Reactions: DPG
Can you provide photographs?

There may be existing transformers or drivers sitting on top of the units.

Not all LED drivers are dimmable, even with a proprietary LED dimmer.

Model numbers or data sticker on the existing lights should state the voltage they run at.
Thank you for your reply.

I manage to find the issue I think, the natural and live wasn't inserted properly in one the wago Further down causing the voltage drop most likely.

Attachments

• IMG_20231224_063858.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 12

Reply to Adding 12v strip lights to kitchen cabinets. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net