Discuss ECA and ESC announce major partnership in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

.... for the good of the industry.

21166932.jpg

No waaaaay am i missing the chance to troll out the NIC.
;-)

Be realistic Murdoch, Mr. Joe Public haven't a clue about nor even care about any scam, he's never heard of them.

Precisely my point.

Before Gas Safe there was Corgi and 90% of people recognise them.... but the idiots "in charge" of electrics think they can duplicate and duplicate - they'd all fit in the EU machine nicely.

Absolute sham, completely pointless exercise. What our industry needs like a hole in the head is yet another 'scheme' to confuse customers. It's quite simple: all contractors need to comply with one legally required body; a la heating engineers with gas safe, then there's little, if any confusion. Judging by the way this latest NIC/ELECSA love in has occurred, this isn't going to happen any time soon.... I hope I'm wrong

Morning all, thanks for the comments. I will try to answeras many as possible.
Is this move just thecreation of another scheme?
No. The merger between ECA and ESC is not another scheme.The NICEIC and ELECSA brands will continue to operate alongside each other.Registrants do not need to change anything. The electricalsafetyregister is asite that combines the best of both brands. It is the definitive, searchabledatabase to find electricians from NICEIC, ELECSA and ECA.
What happens toAscertiva?
The Ascertiva Group will continue to exist. The AscertivaGroup is a global company and will still be serviced by its NQA and Puragenbrands.
Fragmentation of theindustry
Rather than fragment we are bringing together two of thebiggest brands in the industry together to create a stronger voice togovernment, stakeholders, contractors and householders. Theelectricalasafetyregister will become the number one destination for anyonelooking to employ an electrician and will be promoted to customers andspecifiers of electrical work accordingly.
Other schemeoperators
As mentioned previously the new Joint Venture is theculmination of two years hard work to bring some unity to the market. The ESChas tried in recent years to bring all schemes together under one register butsome operators did not want to co operate.
Promotion of Part P
The electricalsafetyregister is about more than Part P – it containsdetails of all registered firms not just domestic installers. However, werecognise that promoting Part P to householders is an important issue and madethis point to government in our recent response to the DCLG consultation.
Domestic Installer,Approved Contractor and Fees.
The NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme and Approved ContractorScheme are unaffected by this move. They continue to run as normal and the contactdetails for either scheme remain the same.
Fees will also be unaffected. In fact there is a currentsmall difference (around £9) between what NICEIC Domestic Installers pay and thosewith the ELECSA scheme pay, based on Direct Debit payments. We will now ensurethat these are aligned to the lower figure. NICEIC has frozen its fees for four of thelast five years

Reply to ECA and ESC announce major partnership in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net