Discuss Installation reference method B in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Is there a reason why installation ref method B (in conduit or trunking on a wall) not listed as an allowed installation method on the maximum cable length charts (table 7.1)?

Regards

Because it's a quick reference for basic circuits using the most common installation methods, it's not a difintive guide and for anything else you have to wokr it out yourself.

I wonder if you would be so kind to help me.
I have 5 cables that will require to be ran in about 3m of trunking across a garage wall. The cables are 4 x 2.5mm (one ring 32amp cb, fridge radial 16amp cb and oven radial 20amp cb) and the other cable is 4mm utility radial 32amp cb.

Is it OK to run these 5 cables together (concerned with them all being kitchen related ie higher current) in the trunking and if so what size would you recommend?

Regards

I wonder if you would be so kind to help me.
I have 5 cables that will require to be ran in about 3m of trunking across a garage wall. The cables are 4 x 2.5mm (one ring 32amp cb, fridge radial 16amp cb and oven radial 20amp cb) and the other cable is 4mm utility radial 32amp cb.

Is it OK to run these 5 cables together (concerned with them all being kitchen related ie higher current) in the trunking and if so what size would you recommend?

Regards
The clue is in the last seven words of your first reply above - we have a soft rule on here to not do people's homework for them. However, as you seem to be clued up enough to know where to look, why don't you have a go and then post up your workings, that way we can actually help you and others learn. And hey, you might get it right first time anyway!

Reply to Installation reference method B in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net