Discuss Lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mark2469

DIY
Reaction score
I’m replacing a halogen spot light with a LED spotlight in the bedroom. There is only one lighting cable going to the existing fitting, which is connected by a terminal strip, so I can easily see brown to brown (live) and blue to blue (neutral). On the new fitting I have live and neutral, In and Out as follows > (L,E,N) In and then (N,E,L) Out. Does the in-coming power supply both go to the In connection on the light fitting or both to the Out connection or one in each (and if so, which way round)?

if there's only one cable L,N,E, there, then connect to the L,E,N (.in) on the new fitting. ignore the L,E,N out. that is for adding additional lights.

Reply to Lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

M
Hi Guys I purchased some of the above online around 3 weeks ago, They are a fairly new product, very usefull as you can change both colour from...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
R
I am looking into LED lighting for a Grade I listed church, parts of which are 800 years old. The lighting must be simply dimmable with a colour...
Replies
Views
I have a strip light in the kitchen operated from a single switch. I want to replace it with a straight bar 4 spot array. There are three supply...
Replies
Views
Am fitting a new pir led floodlight . The exsisting light is connected to 4 core round flexible cable, core colours green/yellow, blue, brown...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock