Discuss Me again in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nicsin02

hi guys a few questions again, was out testing at a biscuit factory today its a massive property with around 60 D/B and we will be doing 20% over the next few months.

1. was at the d/b and tested the Zdb using a meggar, for brown & grey phase it was <0.01 and for grey phase it was 0.01 i know u want your earth to be as low as possible but never had this result before?

2. when doing my pefc and pscc i was getting between 18.4 and >19.9 anybody had this before

3. is it still ok to subtract Zdb from Zs to get (R1+R2) because its not the actuall Ze, think it is just reasurring myself

thanks guys :)

hi guys a few questions again, was out testing at a biscuit factory today its a massive property with around 60 D/B and we will be doing 20% over the next few months.

1. was at the d/b and tested the Zdb using a meggar, for brown & grey phase it was <0.01 and for grey phase it was 0.01 i know u want your earth to be as low as possible but never had this result before? the factory may have its own transformer on site so Ze / Zdb can be super low.

2. when doing my pefc and pscc i was getting between 18.4 and >19.9 anybody had this before
yes , a few times.

3. is it still ok to subtract Zdb from Zs to get (R1+R2) because its not the actuall Ze, think it is just reasurring myself
its preferable to measure r1+r2 as it forms part of your polarity checks but can be calculated instead due to operational limitations in the testing process.
yes you can use Zdb as the origin of the final circuits

thanks guys :)

You can not and should not transpose the Zs=Ze+(R1+R2) to obtain an R1+R2 value as a measured Zs will include parallel paths which will result in an inaccurate value of R1+R2.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk 2

You can not and should not transpose the Zs=Ze+(R1+R2) to obtain an R1+R2 value as a measured Zs will include parallel paths which will result in an inaccurate value of R1+R2.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk 2

ive always been told it was ok to do so, even on thursday the SELECT inspector said that was they way he did it?

The loop was probably that low because it was so near the transformer.

Was the main board not in the same building as the transformer?...obviously seperated by a wall etc.

The PSFC will be high because of the low Ze...

As long as its written on the cert but your better calculating your Zs rather than your R1+R2 and so measuring the R1+R2...

super low Ze/Zdb is normal in industrial sites where they have an 11KV feed from distributor and local produce 400V, PSC will be off the scale on alot of testers, but you can work it out. Important thing is to make sure that the breakers can handle maximum PSC, so i would expect to see much larger breakers with 25K+ breaking capacity. Its not un-common to find a local board with just regular 10K breakers in and a super low Zdb.

Reply to Me again in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock